Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 183 of 184 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1838

Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

  1. #1821
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    21,031
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3715 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Brock just couldn't stay away. I suppose it was inevitable with the move to Fox.
    Oh for sure. I think we all knew it was going to happen. They need as many casual viewers as possible on Fox. Even if it means a part time WWE champion *sigh*. At least they made Kofi look strong... and he even surpassed Jinder Mahal in having a longer WWE Title reign. It's just too bad he didn't really have any meaningful feuds during this whole title reign. I think his best feud was with Daniel Bryan and that was way back in Wrestlemania.

    What the hell is up with Otis's new ring gear? Just trunks but it made him look especially fat. I guess that's the idea? The fans love him though so that's always a plus. And I also like that the fans are cheering for Chad Gable too.

    It's just a shame that guys like Aleister Black and Andrade are still doing NOTHING.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  2. #1822
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 6690739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,389
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1093 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Oh for sure. I think we all knew it was going to happen. They need as many casual viewers as possible on Fox. Even if it means a part time WWE champion *sigh*. At least they made Kofi look strong... and he even surpassed Jinder Mahal in having a longer WWE Title reign. It's just too bad he didn't really have any meaningful feuds during this whole title reign. I think his best feud was with Daniel Bryan and that was way back in Wrestlemania.

    What the hell is up with Otis's new ring gear? Just trunks but it made him look especially fat. I guess that's the idea? The fans love him though so that's always a plus. And I also like that the fans are cheering for Chad Gable too.

    It's just a shame that guys like Aleister Black and Andrade are still doing NOTHING.
    I liked Chad Gable's run. Corbin seems like the prototypical a-hole KOTR winner. His matches in the tournament weren't that bad. It's just we've seen him do this same shtick for a year. I still also really miss Gable's long hair.

    I would have no problem at all if they moved Black and Andrade back to NXT.

  3. #1823
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 6690739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,389
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1093 Post(s)

    Default

    Well I hate to see Velveteen lose his title, but they sure went all in on Undisputed.

    I watched both the hour on USA and the hour and the network. The women's fatal 4 way and Dream/Strong matches were very good. But my gut - 2 hours is too long for a weekly show. We had a Dunne match, a Li match, Imperium showed up and messed with Kushida, Lorcan/Rush and finally the dain/riddle streetfight which was way too short only to lead into however the heck the show ended. The main matches themselves could've been spaced over 2-3 weeks. Not altogether bad but too much content, too much to follow. The hour show was perfect for spacing and not overdoing it.

    Mental note: Gargano was MIA

    And guess who returns next week.....
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; September 19th, 2019 at 08:42 AM.

  4. #1824
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    21,031
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3715 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Well I hate to see Velveteen lose his title, but they sure went all in on Undisputed.

    I watched both the hour on USA and the hour and the network. The women's fatal 4 way and Dream/Strong matches were very good. But my gut - 2 hours is too long for a weekly show. We had a Dunne match, a Li match, Imperium showed up and messed with Kushida, Lorcan/Rush and finally the dain/riddle streetfight which was way too short only to lead into however the heck the show ended. The main matches themselves could've been spaced over 2-3 weeks. Not altogether bad but too much content, too much to follow. The hour show was perfect for spacing and not overdoing it.

    Mental note: Gargano was MIA

    And guess who returns next week.....
    Great "first" episode of NXT on USA. My only gripe about it moving to the USA Network are those dreaded commercial breaks that completely suck out the momentum of the matches. On the WWE Network, I remember they're like 30-45 seconds long and you can just fast forward through that. Last night on the USA Network, it was the usual 3-4 minutes of commercials and it made me immediately wish it wasn't on USA.

    You're right though. There was A LOT that happened. I don't think they can keep this pace up to be honest and it might eventually get really watered down like RAW and Smackdown. Very curious what the ratings were without competition. I'm sure many curious eyes will still tune into AEW but we'll have to wait and see.

    And is Dakota Kai one of your favorite just like how Kairi Sane is mine? Haha.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  5. #1825
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    21,031
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3715 Post(s)

    Default

    How freaking great is Sami Zayn??

    https://i.imgur.com/kUgu51B.gifv

    Also I can't help but notice that heel Bayley is acting pretty much the same way Sami does. Love it.
    Last edited by TooCool; September 24th, 2019 at 09:27 AM.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  6. #1826
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 6690739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,389
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1093 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post

    And is Dakota Kai one of your favorite just like how Kairi Sane is mine? Haha.
    was that her?


  7. #1827
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    21,031
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3715 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    was that her?

    Man, I knew she was cute but now she's cute hot.

    I caught a glimpse of that match on Youtube. I like Taynara Conti too though she still looks a bit rough in the ring.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  8. #1828
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 6690739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,389
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1093 Post(s)

    Default

    Now that Rusev was sort of made face again, and Lana went on that makeout session with Lashley......did we think anything other than "Aiden told you so"? And do we care that Lashley is involved in this?

    Also, I get it was the "Raw Season Premier", but the f*** with basing seemingly the whole show on Team Flair vs. Team Hogan at crown jewel. Outside of Banks/Lynch did they forget there's a PPV this sunday??? (thanks for the reminder fiend)
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; October 1st, 2019 at 03:21 PM.

  9. #1829
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    21,031
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3715 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Now that Rusev was sort of made face again, and Lana went on that makeout session with Lashley......did we think anything other than "Aiden told you so"? And do we care that Lashley is involved in this?

    Also, I get it was the "Raw Season Premier", but the f*** with basing seemingly the whole show on Team Flair vs. Team Hogan at crown jewel. Outside of Banks/Lynch did they forget there's a PPV this sunday??? (thanks for the reminder fiend)
    I honestly think that they're so focused on the new RAW, NXT, and Smackdown stuff and competing with AEW that they totally forgot there's a PPV on Sunday. And the sad thing is that it's a meaningless PPV too with the draft happening right after.

    I saw the opening to RAW. It's such a simple concept isn't it? Bring back pyro and fans are hyped to start the show. Becky Lynch got her steam/smoke back which is good. I liked that Alexa Bliss has pyro now and Rollins has the Kane-like flames. AJ Styles never got his pyro back which is lame.

    I'm stoked for AEW tonight. Really hope they give us something fresh and I'm eager to see how their production style is.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  10. #1830
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 6690739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,389
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1093 Post(s)

    Default

    I’m still getting to aew, but Finn Balor is back in nxt bay bay!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •