Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1788
    All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

So.....good for Nikki Cross getting some time and a victory, even if her "crazy" persona was kind of gone. Even though the gullible sidekick has been done before, I figure Bliss will manipulate her into being useful for awhile before she realizes it and goes nuts on her. That could work.

How about that Ricochet momentum! (In reality they should've ended this the exact opposite way of how it was booked. Let Ricochet get the win then take a cheap shot off the ladder from Corbin. Corbin would've been in the final segment anyway)

I get Zayn worming his way into the Mitb match, but what does this do for Strowman yet again? And how many times can we see Corbin/McYntire double up on someone again? I assume Strowman will show up to wreak havoc at mitb. Somehow I can see a lot of carnage but Zayn finding his way to winning the match. His holding the briefcase would be an excellent way for him to continue bloating his a-hole character.

That Bray Wyatt thing....I mean...
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; May 14th, 2019 at 02:06 PM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    794 Post(s)

I've decided Ultimate Warrior must somehow from beyond be helping Aleister Black write his promos.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

Once again I was bored by a lot of stuff...

Sorry Elias/Shane v Reigns is just not doing anything much for me. Zayn/Owens together again as heels just seems like a re-hash. At least it was nice to see Andrade get a win (which probably means he won't at mitb). Ricochet coming out to "best" him after the match didn't do much considering he just lost cleanly the night before.

One other note - Asuke/Sane vs Rose/Deville: I mean if Asuke/Sane are supposed to be this new blinding tag team, shouldn't they have a crushed the other two? I get they're still teasing the Deville/Rose breakup, but it took a sneaky rollup for Asuke on the verge of losing to win? Oh and the "Kabuki Warriors" name.......I mean hey they're quite an "experience"...

Mitb has a pretty stacked card and I should be more excited for it than I am. So short and not so excited predictions:

Zayn/Ricochet/McIntyre/Corbin/Ali/Balor/Andrade/Orton Men's mitb: probably a lot of high flying from Ricochet and some sweet moves from Balor/Andrade/Zayn. I'm going to say Zayn figures out a way to sneak in the victory. He may be good teasing the briefcase cash ins for months. Secondary pick would be McIntyre so he does something. Other than Zayn though I don't see anyone I'd truly be interested in winning. Wild prediction: All the lights go off, then back on with all competitors knocked out in the ring with a standing Bray Wyatt in the middle, before they go off and he disappears. We then learn Zayn was hiding and he climbs up to win the match.

Owens/Kingston: Kingston wins. Too early for them to take the title off him. I also think it would be interesting if Zayn now had the briefcase to tease going after Kingston, and whether Owens would then have to help him. (This is predicated on the fact that I already forgot who is on who's brand and how the wild card works)

Rollins/Styles – I’m hoping this match gets a significant amount of time, as it could be really good. Rollins will win as again too soon for him to give up the title.

Lynch/Evans and Lynch/Flair: I’m not sure which match goes first, which could dictate the outcome if Lynch doesn’t win both. If Evans goes first, she loses but gives Lynch a run for her money. A tired Becky just doesn’t have quite enough to handle Flair who wins and gloats of beating “the man”. If Flair goes first, Lynch will beat her and potentially be battered down hard, to which Evans can take quick advantage and win that title. Either way Lynch can go on the attack. Of course all that being said, Lynch will probably win both matches.

Naomi/Natalya/Brooke/Bayley/Rose/Moon/Bliss/Carmella: I’d love to see Bayley win. But it won’t happen. Moon would be deserving but there’s no storyline in place for anyone to care that she has the briefcase. I’d love to see Carmella win if only it gets us more R Truth. No one else I care too much about. I’ll say Bliss somehow gets Nikki Cross to interfere and helps her win. She holds the briefcase and continues that manipulation story.

Miz/Shane steel cage match: I’ll say Miz finally gets his vengeance and we can move past this storyline.

Joe/Mysterio: Joe will win this one.

Reigns/Elias: This match doesn’t even seem necessary for this card. Elias will once again lose. Maybe we’ll get lucky and Reigns can move onto a feud with baron corbin! (editor's note: Reigns seems to be the main star of both brands now. He is being over-exposed and will probably start getting booed again soon enough.

Daivari/Nese: I am completely out of touch with the cruiserweights and have no idea who will win this.

Bryan & Rowan/Usos: wow so Daniel Bryan and the Usos are being relegated to a kickoff match. Who would’ve thought. Bryan and Rowan will win this one.

Don't recall, but have they announced a women's tag team title match? even on the kickoff show? Way to make those titles mean something.

EDIT: One more note - I'm down with Marty McFly Kushida (or in my mind a smaller framed masato tanaka)
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; May 16th, 2019 at 07:58 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

Okay nevermind Bliss just got pulled from mitb due to injury. I would assume Cross will replace her.

Alexa Bliss not medically cleared to compete at WWE Money in the Bank
    Alexa Bliss is not medically cleared to compete at WWE Money in the Bank this Sunday, and has been removed from the Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match. A suitable replacement for Alexa will be announced.

Stay with WWE.com for more on this developing story.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    794 Post(s)

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3687 Post(s)

Thanks for posting your thoughts ucsd. I haven't been watching too much WWE lately, just reading the results and watching like 1-2 Youtube clips.

I have to say, I'm not too pleased with this stupid Wild Card rule. It's Vince's desperate attempt to get Roman on both shows really. The biggest bummer of all is that Smackdown only has 2 hours to work with and a lot of their guys already can't get TV time. Now you have to squeeze in 4 RAW superstars per week to get some of that air time? That's just not smart.

As for Money in the Bank, I'll definitely watch it because those ladder matches can be quite fun. But I have no excitement for it going in. =[

Also, RIP to Ashley Massaro. 39 is too young. I'm sure her biggest highlights were winning the Diva Search and posing for Playboy. Regardless, I did feel like she was a part in WWE's success as far as the Diva stuff goes.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3687 Post(s)

I didn't feel like watching Money in the Bank yesterday but I did it anyway. Overall, it was slightly above average. It was just an overbooked mess though in my opinion.

Usos vs Daniel Bryan & Rowan - Like you already mentioned.. they put Daniel Bryan, someone who was recently a former WWE Champion on the freaking pre-show in the next PPV. Yikes. I thought this was for the Smackdown tag titles but when it wasn't, I had a feeling the Usos would win. That's just Vince's way of giving a team "momentum" moving forward. Still makes no sense for a RAW team to even have a title shot against a Smackdown team. This wild card rule is stupid. If The Usos win the Smackdown tag titles, they should at least explain that they're back on Smackdown. But they don't explain anything.

Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Naomi vs Carmella vs Nikki Cross vs Dana Brooke vs Natalya vs Ember Moon vs Mandy Rose vs Bayley - This was okay. Nothing really stood out other than the fact that they decided to fake a Carmella injury. Perhaps it builds to Mandy Rose vs Carmella and it gives Carmella a good excuse for not winning the match a 3rd time. The biggest "holy ****" spot was Ember Moon's Eclipse off the ladder at ringside onto Nattie I believe in the ring. No one else stood out. Bayley won in the end by shoving Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose off the ladder. At least the crowd popped big for it.

US Title Match: Samoa Joe vs Rey Mysterio - After their entrances I went to the bathroom and then went to get chips and a drink. I came back and apparently Rey already won the US Title. Okay then... lol. Rey is now a Grand Slam champion.

Steel Cage Match: Miz vs Shane - Ahh good ol' Shane. Wrestling another damn PPV because he loves being in the spotlight like any other McMahon. But surely he loses to Miz here right to end the feud? Nah, he wins again. The match itself wasn't great. It was slow and the ref also screwed up with a rope break but at least Cole called him out on it.

Cruiserweight Title Match: Tony Nese vs Ariya Daivari - Wow, this match wasn't on the pre-show? Is Vince okay? I don't watch 205 live as I'm sure most people don't as well. It's just too much wrestling in a week. So needless to say, I didn't really watch this match because I didn't care. Nese retained so good for him.

RAW Women's Title Match: Becky Lynch vs Lacey Evans - Yikes... this match was not really good. I remember Lacey Evans being a little rough around the edges in her NXT days. She's no where near ready for a main roster run, yet she has a title shot on a PPV already. Being a tall hot blonde sure has its advantages doesn't it? Becky retains without too much issue here.

Smackdown Women's Title Match: Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair - The story behind this is that Becky was expecting to go to the back and that this match wasn't suppose to happen immediately after Becky's first match. I think this match was a little better but because we've seen them go at it for the hundredth time, it was just kind of there. Lacey interfered and gave Becky the Women's Right and Charlotte won with a boot to be the 9 time Women's Champ. (She's going to pass her dad soon.)

After the match Becky went after Lacey and then Charlotte helped Lacey and double teamed Becky. Bayley made the save and dispatched Lacey Evans. Charlotte for whatever reason wanted to take out Bayley and it backfired so Bayley cashed in the contract.

Smackdown Women's Title Match: Charlotte vs Bayley - Going by WWE logic, they do whatever is convenient so this time the ref didn't wait for Charlotte to get up before starting the match. So Bayley just hit the Macho man elbow drop and covered her to win. Bayley is now also the 1st ever Women's Grand Slam champion as she has now held the RAW and Smackdown Women's Title, NXT Women's Title, and Women's Tag Team Titles. Good for her. Funny how they keep mentioning Sasha Banks though because she's on "vacation".

Roman Reigns vs Elias - So Elias hit Roman with a guitar backstage. Comes out to sign his song and then loses in 2 seconds. Perfect. At least they didn't make us sit through a pointless 10 minute match.

Universal Title Match: Seth Rollins vs AJ Styles - Wow, the Universal Title match came before the WWE Title match for the 2nd PPV in a row? I'm shocked. This match also quietly stole the show. You know how they kept hyping Styles/Nakamura and Styles/Bryan as a dream match? And then I felt those two kind of under delivered. So I more or less expected the same here but was pleasantly surprised at how great it was. The only downside was that everyone knew Styles wouldn't win and he didn't. But besides that predictable result the match was excellent.

Lars Sullivan vs Lucha House Party segment - They got time to kill so why not have a racist destroy 3 Mexicans? I think Vince is happy that the crowd doesn't seem to know about the Lars situation as there aren't any vile chants towards him at all. So it's business as usual now.

WWE Title Match: Kofi Kingston vs Kevin Owens - Kofi wanted to do this on his own so Xavier Woods stayed backstage. This match was okay... it wasn't great. But to be fair, it's tough to follow what Styles/Rollins did. I have no idea why Owens took off Kofi's shoes towards the end of the match. Good to see Kofi win cleanly during his 1st title defense. Unfortunately I don't see him holding it much longer so hopefully he enjoys it while it lasts.

Men's Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Baron Corbin vs Finn Balor vs Andrade vs Ricochet vs Ali vs Drew McIntyre vs Randy Orton - Sami Zayn was attacked backstage by a mystery person that's not Braun Strowman so they said the match will have 7 guys instead of 8. Everyone got their spots in which was good. Finn Balor took the most ladder bumps and a really brutal looking one that Andrade gave him. The ladder wasn't even positioned correctly from the start so it was scary to see. Ricochet didn't get to show off as many high flying moves as he should have but he took a sick ladder bump as well. The finish was stupid though with Ali having both hands on the briefcase only for Lesnar's music to hit. Ali was so "shocked" that he didn't try to unhook the briefcase for a good 15-20 seconds. Brock comes in and wins a match that he's not even in.

Sure, we didn't see the finish coming but this is also not the kind of finish people want. With every mistake Vince makes because he thinks it's awesome... it's honestly making me hope more and more that AEW comes out of the gate strong.

Now back to Brock. We have a MITB winner who won't show up 90% of the time. My guess is that he'll probably win the Universal Title again at the Saudi Arabia PPV in a few weeks. Then he'll cash in his contract on the WWE Champion when Smackdown has their 1st episode on Fox. Super.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    794 Post(s)

Thank goodness they're adding another title. The pre-show needs another title match or two.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3687 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    Thank goodness they're adding another title. The pre-show needs another title match or two.
    I totally forgot about that.

I think a lot of people feel that because it's Mick Foley announcing it, they're going to bring back the hardcore title in the PG era of WWE. I personally think it's just the same Green Title they gave Strowman last year for winning the Greatest Royal Rumble. And since they're doing a 50 man battle royal there... I figured that is what they'll probably announce.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

I actually wrote this up than saw you posted, so all the below is without reading TooCool's thoughts

I was actually pretty entertained by the women’s mitb match. Cross got some air time. Moon’s eclipse off a ladder. Damn. Carmella coming back from that knee injury that really didn’t do anything for her in the long run. Somewhat fun all around and didn’t go ridiculously long time-wise. Can’t believe Bayley won, totally thought they’d let Mandy Rose take it. (This has to be in response to Banks going awol and the anger over losing the women’s titles right? See….the locker room is not unhappy). Now let’s hope they don’t completely botch her cash in.

Evans/Lynch: Not a good showing, but not the horrible showing from Evans it could've been. I’m not sure who she has an arc with now, but being fairly green she had a significant amount of offense I’d say before Becky had to reverse and get the arm bar tapout. I do think tapouts happen too quickly nowadays and Evans could’ve at least struggled a little bit before tapping out. Not as much beating down of Becky in this one that would’ve made me consider her extremely tired or weak for Flair.

Lynch/Flair: So this comes right after the Evans match. My first reaction was oh joy Flair as champ again. I am so sick of her. (Oh and Flair missed Lynch’s head by about 4 feet with that final kick)

Bayley’s cash in: Okay, so I have a hard time believing one spear to the corner turnbuckle would’ve knocked Flair out for the elbow. (I would’ve liked it and believed it more if Lynch got back in the ring and laid Flair out first) But wow they really let Bayley have it. Wow. HUG TIME LIVES! Loved her going into the crowd and celebrating with the fan holding the “bayley in the bank” sign. (So, do we think she’ll lose the title to Flair by Tuesday night, or just by the next ppv? Or can Flair just go away for awhile?)

Styles/Rollins: so how do we get these guys to have an iron man match?

Miz/Shane: So, pretty much the past two months of storytelling amounted to….nothing? Miz should’ve just gotten his retribution and been done with it. And how many times can old man Shane kick out of things?

Men’s mitb: Before I get to Lesnar…..When Zayn was shown backstage tied up and Braun denied knowing about it, I thought Zayn planned it himself and would sneak in at the very end to win the mitb I mean that Andrade flip of Balor onto the ladder? Corbin chokeslam of Balor onto the corner of the ladder. McYntire suplex of Balor onto the ladder. He took some punishment! In fact I’d say Balor, Ali, Andrade and Ricochet did most of the heavy lifting (no pun intended) to carry this match. Maybe even if Ali was surprised at Lesnar he should've just grabbed the briefcase and gotten the hell out of there? You know because he was on top of the ladder and his fingers were about 2 inches from the case?

Now Lesnar: was it surprising to see him back? Yes. Do I give two f***s? Nope. Don’t care about him being back, don’t want him back in the title scene yet again. And now we get to have him show up to tease cash ins on both shows. Worst decision ever. Screams of a desperate move to bring ratings up again.
    Then there’s this from the dirt sheets:
    According to reports from both PWInsider and Fightful, none of the seven wrestlers in the main event knew Lesnar was there, or going to get involved in the ladder match. In fact, they, and almost everyone else backstage, were told Ali would be winning the briefcase - and they were allowed to believe that until “right before the match”, according to Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp.
    Even once Ali and the others learned he wouldn’t be winning, they didn’t know who would. Mike Johnson of Insider writes the seven “were told there would be a spot at the end where Ali would be standing on the top of the ladder and be tipped over but was not told who would be coming out to do the spot.”
    When is AEW starting again?

Also they showed like 5 times the image of Foley being on raw tonight to announce a new title. Do we need another title?
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; May 20th, 2019 at 10:55 AM.