Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

While the fatal 5 way is seemingly just setting someone up to be destroyed by Asuke, not fun to see Bayley destroyed AGAIN.

Bray Wyatt is so BO-RING. The weird voice did nothing for me, I don't care about sister abigail being some demon spirit. Give Finn something else.

Uh, good for Kalisto?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    While the fatal 5 way is seemingly just setting someone up to be destroyed by Asuke, not fun to see Bayley destroyed AGAIN.

Bray Wyatt is so BO-RING. The weird voice did nothing for me, I don't care about sister abigail being some demon spirit. Give Finn something else.

Uh, good for Kalisto?
    Unfortunately, it looks like Kalisto win was only because it was Eddie Guerrero's birthday last night. It's very similar to when Rey Mysterio won the World Heavyweight Championship AFTER Eddie passed. Nothing against Kalisto and Rey, but I do hate how they're only "successful" because of Eddie's legacy. But that's just how it works sometimes.

Story line wise, I think they had no choice. The writers backed themselves into a corner with Enzo's clause and how no one can face him for the Cruiserweight title. Now that Kalisto is champ, everyone can fight for it again. I really hope they have a 8 man ladder match at TLC for the Cruiserweight Title though. That's what the division really needs.

As for the rest of RAW. I didn't watch it. Only read the results so not much to comment. =x
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Unfortunately, it looks like Kalisto win was only because it was Eddie Guerrero's birthday last night. It's very similar to when Rey Mysterio won the World Heavyweight Championship AFTER Eddie passed. Nothing against Kalisto and Rey, but I do hate how they're only "successful" because of Eddie's legacy. But that's just how it works sometimes.

Story line wise, I think they had no choice. The writers backed themselves into a corner with Enzo's clause and how no one can face him for the Cruiserweight title. Now that Kalisto is champ, everyone can fight for it again. I really hope they have a 8 man ladder match at TLC for the Cruiserweight Title though. That's what the division really needs.

As for the rest of RAW. I didn't watch it. Only read the results so not much to comment. =x
    My only other thought - the Shield reunion was somewhat fun (amazing how fast they each had Shield t-shirts on). The crowd was super into it. The whole thing seems a little rushed though. You'd think it'd take more than Miz and Seamus/Cesaro simultaneously attacking after 1 week to bring upon the reunion. Yes the Miz is brilliant on the mic and can get a lot out of this, I just don't think the emotional impact is quite there.

Also, because they attacked Strowman it automatically becomes a 4 on 3 match?

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

I was VERY hazy watching last night as the US soccer game led me to copious amounts of whiskey, but I think I love Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. I think I don't love Styles losing cleanly to Corbin but am surprised they had the balls to do it. I think I love the Usos and New Day showing respect to each other. I think I don't love the Usos mic skills. I think I liked Uso/New Day ripping the rest of the tag teams, but stopping to point out Breezango were cool.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; October 11th, 2017 at 10:23 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3223 Post(s)

I was VERY hazy watching last night as the US soccer game led me to copious amounts of whiskey, but I think I love Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. I think I don't love Styles losing cleanly to Corbin but am surprised they had the balls to do it. I think I love the Usos and New Day showing respect to each other. I think I don't love the Usos mic skills. I think I liked Uso/New Day ripping the rest of the tag teams, but stopping to point out Breezango were cool.
    Hazy huh...

Zayn and Owens had a great promo. I can see them teaming up as a Survivor Series team next month. What I find baffling is that the writers didn't have Daniel Bryan chime in on the situation. Does he not give a **** about Shane? And he has said that he wanted Sami Zayn on Smackdown ever since the brand split. But storyline wise, at least it's mentioned but Sami is blaming Shane instead. Whatever works!

AJ Styles losing clean to Corbin is good. I think that means his next feud will be against Jinder Mahal although people are going to stay mad when Jinder retains... I really think at this rate, Jinder will hold it until Wrestlemania so he can finally drop it to Cena of all people. This allows Cena to break Flair's record at Wrestlemania.

Usos have really improved on the mic, so you should love their mic skills. I will say however that Jimmy is waaay better on the mic compared to Jey. Maybe it's because Jey's voice kinda cracks when tries to yell. New Day telling The Usos that Breezango are cool was hilarious. I also love how the Fashion Files made the Fashion Police one of the fan favorites. Remember the videos with Slater and Rhyno? I can't believe WWE doesn't understand that videos like that are unique and gets them over. Now they're rotting on RAW.

And one last note on the Fashion Files.. the 2B case that is re-opened. And yesterday we finally got a video package of Harper and Rowan and now they're known as the Bludgeon Brothers. 2B? I like the continuity there.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3223 Post(s)

Also, because they attacked Strowman it automatically becomes a 4 on 3 match?
    Oh yeah, I read in the results that Ambrose was saying how the Shield will take on anyone. Doesn't matter if it's 4, 5, or 6 people. So Miz used that to his advantage and recruited Braun for the match. Plus, Braun has no storyline right now... =x

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post

And one last note on the Fashion Files.. the 2B case that is re-opened. And yesterday we finally got a video package of Harper and Rowan and now they're known as the Bludgeon Brothers. 2B? I like the continuity there.
    I do remember that. I thought it was a joke promo and Luke was going to start laughing. It came off incredibly cheesy, but those guys could do some damage as a tag team.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

quote JR: "my god, my god, they turned finn balor into a candy corn. words can't describe what we are seeing here". Nope not even worth a JR run. Seriously, I dislike just about everything in this storyline, and they managed to ruin the demon gimmick in one swoop.

Kane? Well uh, I guess that was unexpected. I'm assuming he's going to want revenge for Reigns ending his brother's career? This seemed awfully quick after the shield's reunion. Why not save for Survivor Series, or have Miz tease a mystery 5th partner show up at TLC. And seriously, a 5th partner that Miz supposedly already had planned but didn't know there would be a 5th partner until Dean opened his mouth at the show's start?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3223 Post(s)

Kane? Well uh, I guess that was unexpected. I'm assuming he's going to want revenge for Reigns ending his brother's career? This seemed awfully quick after the shield's reunion. Why not save for Survivor Series, or have Miz tease a mystery 5th partner show up at TLC. And seriously, a 5th partner that Miz supposedly already had planned but didn't know there would be a 5th partner until Dean opened his mouth at the show's start?
    I'm pretty sure Dean mentioned that the Shield could take on 3, 4, 5 guys last week. (Though I'm only going off of Youtube clips so I could be remembering wrong.) I think that's why Miz was able to add Strowman to the match because he told Kurt that Dean mentioned he can take on more than 3 people. That's probably why they added a 5th.

Kane showing up was an interesting surprise... even though he is suppose to be on Smackdown. So suddenly he's a free agent too? Okay then. Just another case of Vince wanting RAW to succeed more by putting whoever he wants on that show. Seriously, this is why the brand extension didn't work in the first place. Too many rules were broken.

Overall, the TLC cards looks pretty terrible. =o

So they're NOT going with a Ladder Match, Chairs Match, and Tables match. That's a missed opportunity. Why have a TLC PPV and only have one match be TLC? The point of gimmick PPVs is to have gimmick matches. So this just means that they're going to use A LOT of TLC during the main event. The rest of the card.. where do I begin?

Kalisto vs Enzo for the Cruiserweight Title - Plain 1 on 1 match is weak.

Jack Gallagher & Brian Kendrick vs Cedric Alexander & Rich Swann - Basic tag match? Are you serious? Why?

Asuka vs Emma - Love Asuka but this match is likely going to end in like a minute.

Demon vs Sister Abigail - The feud that never ends. Balor won as a Demon and as regular Balor. So there is no way he wins here right? They *have* to have Bray win. At the same time, I believe Finn is suppose to be the next in line to be fed to Lesnar, so maybe he wins again and finally moves on from this feud.

Alexa Bliss vs Mickie James for the RAW Women's Title - I can only see Mickie James winning here so she can be a 7 time Women's Champion. And this way, she can also drop the title to Asuka down the line so Alexa Bliss doesn't look bad in future matches. That and we all know how often the RAW Women's Title changes hands. But at the same time, it doesn't surprise me if Alexa retains again.

Sasha Banks vs Alicia Fox - Boring.

So the Universal Title, IC Title, and RAW Tag Team Titles are NOT on the line at a PPV. Just the Women and Cruiserweight... that's not smart booking.

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Zayn going off on Bryan was pretty good. I'm still not sure who he and Owens will feud with (one on one or together), but definitely got off more on his current psyche.

Breezango/Ascension = brilliant.

Jinder laying out a challenge to Lesnar while AJ starting a feud with him at the same time feels disjointed. Does Lesnar squash him? Can he have two feuds at once?