Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    742 Post(s)

• I don't think Asuka is ruined. They still book her as a scary monster, and Mella is mostly running and hiding. They can keep this up a while longer, and it should fuel the fire to want to see Mella lose the belt at least, if not have Asuka win. They should introduce another strong contender into the mix and have Mella pull the same shenanigans on her while Asuka destroys the rest of the roster. That will buy some time for Asuka to challenge the third woman, too.

• Men's Iron Man match should be 60 minutes. Don't know why they don't book it this way. Seth and Dolph have the ability to carry that, too. 30 is not long enough for an Iron Man match.

• Rusev should not be World Champion. Maybe four guys on Smackdown who should have that belt, but Rusev, as much as I like him, is not one of them, with our without Aiden. If he does go full baby, should be WITH Aiden, too, IMO, but my wishes never come true! :D

Overall, the booking on both shows right now has its little strange spots. Why, for example, book AJ vs Shinsuke again last week? Nothing to gain there.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    878 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I read the results.. here are my thoughts on top of yours.

- Ruining Asuka. I agree. It's one thing to give Carmella a short run with the Women's Title because she's amazing on the mic, but it's another thing to make Asuka look stupid in losing to Carmella over and over. It's kind of like what happened with Nakamura when he lost to Jinder and AJ over and over. But at least he has a mid-card title to carry around I suppose. Asuka doesn't have a mid-card title to chase.

- Reigns/Lashley. Yeah I don't give a **** about either one. Did the crowd crap all over this one? I guess having Bobby win is the way to go. At least that way Summerslam won't be ruined when he beats Lesnar. I think at this point, you can't have Reigns/Lesnar yet again. You just can't. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if they do something stupid like Reigns/Lashley again (like tonight on RAW) and Reigns gets his win back because Vince loves the 50/50 booking. Then Summerslam will be a Triple Threat Match. Now *that* will be terrible.

- Was the crowd disrespectful at the start of the IC Title match? I read that they were like that because of how poorly it was booked. 30 man iron man match and there were 7 falls! wtf? Again, I didn't watch it but how on earth do you have Rollins go up 3-0 and then Ziggler comes back? Were they fresh after every pinfall or something? I don't know.. it just sounded insane to see a "score" that high for a 30 minute match.

- Yep.. no one believed Rusev can win. That's the sad part really. Where does he go from here? I'm sure right now Samoa Joe is next in line to feud with AJ Styles. Does Rusev just fight English? =x

- Glad to see Nakamura finally hold some kind of title on the main roster. Jeff Hardy certainly doesn't need the US Title. Heel Orton is good because he sucks as a face.

- Strowman/Owens feud, I don't get it. From the clips I've watched on RAW... Strowman is the good guy yet he's been bullying Owens because why?

- Thanks for your thoughts on Bliss/Jax. Good to see Mickie James as the real MVP. If only she was booked better too, and not just Alexa's sidekick.
    So apparently a couple of the advertisements for Summerslam had it was a triple threat between Lesnar/Reigns/Lashley. However that was a total rumor, in addition to the rumor that Lesnar prefers working triple threat matches so as not to have to do as much.

With the IC match, the crowd was chanting 10.9.8.7.etc as each minute winded down towards the end. Rollins was up 2-0, McIntyre came in and beat the crap out of Rollins, by which the ref called a DQ making it 3-0. The story goes Rollins was so beat up after this Ziggler was able to come back with quick pins. But I agree, too many falls too quickly. If this is the case let Rollins go up 2-0 after the DQ and then have Ziggler come back. Hard time believing even with the attack Ziggler could get pins so quickly. Also agree with LetTigerIn, iron man match should be 60 minutes.

With Strowman, they've kind of turned him into more of a comical monster. He causes havoc just because he can. Owens played the part of the scared bully (very well by the way). Now does Owens come out and say he won the match and deserves all the credit and title shot? Or does he still play scared. Also, I almost completely forgot Strowman was the money in the bank winner for a bit there.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    742 Post(s)

Another thing about the Iron Man. I don't mind doing some quick early falls, but doing them as submission holds makes more sense. If a submission is locked in well early in an Iron Man, it might make sense to concede a fall just to be fresher later in the match.