Results 2,391 to 2,396 of 2396
    what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1130 Post(s)

Ozzyman is spot on with this review, IMHO.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4997 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    I know Dany's killed a lot of people in the past, and not all of them justified. But that's a far cry from her committing genocide. It felt rushed. To me the main factor in her going mad was the fact that all those closest to her either died or betrayed her. And that all happened in only 3 episodes. Also, what explains Grey Worm? His lover dies & he becomes a war criminal? The show used to have these long character arcs. Maybe they should've laid the groundwork in previous season & then have it come together in the end. Or maybe do 10 episodes this season instead of 6.

I think they want Jon to end up being King. But somehow they think the only way that happens is if he turns against Dany & he can't do that unless she's evil. Although I can't see why they couldn't rule together. I mean, they've already committed incest. Or else they could be setting it up so Dany rules the south with the Dothraki & Unsullied armies, Jon rules the North with all his northern allies, and nobody rules the 7 Kingdoms or they fight a civil war. Which kind of makes the series pointless. Unless lust for power is never ending is the whole point. I guess it would've helped if GRRM finished his books & we could see where he was going with all this.

And Jamie & Cersei aren't really dead. Dragon fuel can't melt stone beams. There just "crisis actors".
    Beams don't hold up 10+ stories of stone.

Shiny!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)

I think I'm more annoyed by what they did to Jaime (and Brienne for that matter) than Dany going Mad Queen.

I personally don't like how they handled Dany going Mad Queen. I don't mind the storyline at all. It bums me out, but I don't hate it. I just wish it had been written better. A slow descent into madness would have been more interesting. Or I would have liked to see the residents of Kings Landing yelling at her or SOMETHING that would provoke her slaughtering thousands of innocent people. The showrunners just saying "Oh, she's been crazy the whole time! It's in her blood!" is such a cop out.

But can we talk about Jaime?! They completely ruined all of his character development. He went from "I killed the Mad King and ruined my reputation to save all of the innocent people of Kings Landing," "I'm going to honor my oath to Catelyn Stark and try and return her daughters to safety," "I'm going to betray Cersei and go to Winterfell and fight for the living because it's the right thing to do" to "I never cared about innocent people, only Cersei." What the hell?! If he wanted to return to Cersei to try and save her....fine. But to have him dismiss the lives of all of the innocent people in Kings Landing is just awful writing.

And why did they even have him get with Brienne? If this was the ending they were planning for Jaime then his storyline with Brienne should have just ended with him knighting her. Instead, it ended with Jaime looking like more of an ******* than usual and it reduced Brienne to looking weak and crying over a man who doesn't love her, which is completely out of character for her.

I adored the first two episodes of this season, but the final season really needed to be longer and I'm bummed we're not going to get a thoughtful, interesting ending. We're getting something rushed, poorly written and often completely nonsensical.
    Last edited by mmmcammy; May 17th, 2019 at 10:57 AM.

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4615 Post(s)

'Game Of Thrones' Star Jacob Anderson Takes A Sword To The Do-Over Petition
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/game-of-t...122444795.html

mmmcammy, maybe that is just it. Maybe, deep down...Jamie is/was right. Maybe he was what he was, despite a journey to make sure. Maybe not every redemption arc ENDS in redemption. Maybe, sometimes, you can fight it...only to realize it is what you truly are. It was a brave choice in my opinion to subvert the Prince Charming by way of Gaston trite storyline.

Basic Nomad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

After some time has passed, I really have no qualms about where the story has left us.
    I still bristle at how clumsily and abruptly we were dumped at this point though.
    Every redemption arc maybe doesn't end in redemption, but it still feels ****ty to have dozens of episodes showing that arc and one and a half subverting it and then done.
    To have that abrupt one-eighty also flip another character seems egregious (Brienne)
    They may still stick the landing, but the turbulence over the final approach will be damn hard to negate.

A Huevo!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)