Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    575 Post(s)

I'm not entirely sure why we needed multiple shots of Sam talking the bedpans and tossing them into the cesspit, but it's good to be back.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1042 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    I'm not entirely sure why we needed multiple shots of Sam talking the bedpans and tossing them into the cesspit, but it's good to be back.
    Its conveying him doing his duty as a scrub. It was perfect.
    "Quod tu es, ego fui, quod nunc sum et tu eris"

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    746 Post(s)

"The North remembers. And Winter has come for House Frey."

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

WereApe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Is George R.R. Martin Announcing The Completion Of ‘The Winds Of Winter’ At The ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 7 Premiere?
    http://uproxx.com/entertainment/game...nter-finished/

I'm guessing...NO.
    And. You. Right.
    yawn for George

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    752 Post(s)

The first episode of every season is usually just a setup episode. I expect things to pick up quickly.

Shiny!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Wow. A lot of stuff happened considering this was the premiere. Usually the first episodes are pretty slow.

Some random thoughts:

1. ARYA!!!!! MY QUEEN. I love her so much and the opening was SO. ****ING. GLORIOUS.
    2. One of those wight giants was totally Wun Wun right? The one they focused on with the missing eye? I have no idea how the white walkers would have gotten his body from Winterfell though.
    3. There was an illustration of a dagger in the book Sam was reading and I'm *pretty positive* that was Littlefinger's dagger. The dagger that Arya suddenly has in the promo photos for this season. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
    4. I really could have done without the poop montage.
    5. Was Euron always that sassy?
    6. This is probably a long shot, but how great would it be if Arya killed Cersei while wearing Jaime's face? Arya crosses her off the list and fulfills the prophecy about Cersei. Yes, please.
    7. Since Bran was marked by the Night King and he's now past the wall, can't the white walkers pass the wall now as well? Is Bran going to ruin everything AGAIN?!
    8. Next week's preview showed a dire wolf, so I'm hoping we get a Nymeria/Arya reunion!

That's all for now.

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3964 Post(s)

Thought everything...except the forced Ed Sheeran cameo was great. Euron was pretty sassy wasn't he. Cheeky even.Especially that 2 good hands comment. And I think that was Wun Wun, but the missing eye facing him was on the right, so left eye. Didn't Ramsey shoot him in the right eye? I could be directionally challenged here. Besides, Wun Wun dies in the Bolton/now Stark Castle. So the Night Army has not passed there yet. Poor Jorah. He don't look so good.

TWD viewers, remember Easy Street...the song that Negan tormented Darryl with? They should recut the poop montage to that song.

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3964 Post(s)

What Euron Greyjoy From ‘Game of Thrones’ Looks Like
    http://uproxx.com/tv/game-of-thrones...oy-looks-like/

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who buys beer for high school students but charges them $40 for a case of Keystone Light and then shows up at the party.
    Plenty more at the link

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    746 Post(s)

The giant wasn't Wun Wun.

The White Walkers either killed giants north of the Wall before, or they may have just reanimated any that hadn't been burned. If Wun Wun was the last of the giants, stands to reason a bunch of others died before him.

Remember, Mance was able to gather the wildlings BECAUSE the people from all the tribes were being picked off by the White Walkers one by one. They all wanted to get south of the Wall for protection from those things, and the only way they were gonna make it was as a huge army.

And the poop montage was GREAT! During the encore, I remarked to my friend that the maesters needed to have more fiber, because the fokd was the same going out as it was going in. Make some bread, dudes! Get some veggies and protein! And the sound effects of the books, pans, doors, and the occasional hack was very satisfying as it set a tempo.

I dunno if the whole touching thing is a long term thing. Like, they knew where Bran was at that moment, so they could get in under the tree. Now that he's moved, maybe that's not the case anymore? And they'd have to touch him again to "ping" his new location.