Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4065 Post(s)

Throughout Episodes 1 & 2 of this season, I remained enthralled and entertained. The acting was superb and the story line remained intact.

But, sadly, these last 3 episodes have produced major disappointments in nearly all aspects.

Even the special effects have become tiresome. Enough fiery explosions, please!

Producers, directors and writers all punted on actually creating a spectacular final season to what had been a truly epic and historic TV series.

And now any burning desire to watch Episode 6 has been extinguished. I will do so grudgingly...

"Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war..."

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    T

"Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war..."
    I was thinking more:

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    438 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    I was thinking more:

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."
    That is what I thought the symbolism meant too.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    438 Post(s)

Throughout Episodes 1 & 2 of this season, I remained enthralled and entertained. The acting was superb and the story line remained intact.

But, sadly, these last 3 episodes have produced major disappointments in nearly all aspects.
    Episode 2 was great. Really smart to focus on the relationships between characters when they knew many or all would die. This season really needed to be 10 episodes to flesh everything out.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2143 Post(s)

^^ Agreed. The best episode of this season was Episode 2.

Then the writers hit the fast forward button, and rushed head-long to resolve the entire series.

These guys are going to go down like Abrams & Lindelof did with LOST.
    Built an amazing world of characters, full of complexity, and mystery, and great story telling, and then completely lost the plot, and ham-fisted the series ending leaving things rushed, predictable, and unresolved.

GOT needed more seasons to finish this out proper....not to mention the author needed to finish his story, because HBO's guys can't carry his water.
    Great adapters, horrible creators.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4065 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    I was thinking more:

Arguable both ways... and Revelations certainly is a strange bit of fiction. But I see the 4 Horsemen (pale horse) reference more belonging to Dany than Arya.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3221 Post(s)

**SPOILER**

I'm pretty sure I know who is going to end up on the Iron Throne. It makes such perfect sense, I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. A perfect twist to end the series. Who could have a better claim to the Iron Throne than... Iron Man?? And he's a Stark.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4065 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    That is what I thought the symbolism meant too.
    I think the symbolism of the white horse refers to Arya soon becoming Hand to Queen Sansa....

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    367 Post(s)

I know Dany's killed a lot of people in the past, and not all of them justified. But that's a far cry from her committing genocide. It felt rushed. To me the main factor in her going mad was the fact that all those closest to her either died or betrayed her. And that all happened in only 3 episodes. Also, what explains Grey Worm? His lover dies & he becomes a war criminal? The show used to have these long character arcs. Maybe they should've laid the groundwork in previous season & then have it come together in the end. Or maybe do 10 episodes this season instead of 6.

I think they want Jon to end up being King. But somehow they think the only way that happens is if he turns against Dany & he can't do that unless she's evil. Although I can't see why they couldn't rule together. I mean, they've already committed incest. Or else they could be setting it up so Dany rules the south with the Dothraki & Unsullied armies, Jon rules the North with all his northern allies, and nobody rules the 7 Kingdoms or they fight a civil war. Which kind of makes the series pointless. Unless lust for power is never ending is the whole point. I guess it would've helped if GRRM finished his books & we could see where he was going with all this.

And Jamie & Cersei aren't really dead. Dragon fuel can't melt stone beams. There just "crisis actors".

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1130 Post(s)

Just because...