Click Here!
Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The BBQ/Smokers/Smoked Meats Thread...

I definitely believe pork ribs benefit from the high-humidity of being wrapped. The only problem I have with the 2-2-1 method is the last hour doesn't give quite enough time for a nice bark to build up. I like my baby backs without sauce, Memphis-style.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.

The biggest change was a brand new smoker. The other one smoked way too hot so you were basically grilling or had to adjust temp like a madman. This one actually achieves the dialed in temperature. What a concept.

Doing pulled pork again today with a small boneless shoulder cut. Love my Traeger!

If anyone is shopping for one, they are having a "special event" at various Costco locations and you can get $100 off. They also threw in a free cover ($45 value) and some rubs. I added the digital temp mod and also have the pimp chrome upgrade on the way from a sale on Traeger.com.

http://www.costco.com/traeger-schedu...:CatalogSearch
    Last edited by Rinkrat; August 25th, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

Anyone have a ThermaPen? I'm waiting for a sale and I might have to pop for one.

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat View Post
    Anyone have a ThermaPen? I'm waiting for a sale and I might have to pop for one.
    Not yet. But it will be on my Chrimmus Lisp.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.

I bought a cheap wanna be for 8 bucks at target. I calibrated it and it is only off by 5 degrees
    Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh, Maniacal Laugh

I have it, and absolutely love it. Very accurate, very quick, and it takes some abuse too. I wasted a lot of money on cheaper units by CDN, and I have never regretted spending the extra money on a ThermaPen

you know your ribs are ready when you pick it up in the middle with a pair of tongs and the slab bends down almost 90 degrees. it may or may not split at the bend but it should be ready there.

another thing to look for is the meat to start shrinking back from the ends of the bones.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

When I picked up my ribs the other day they broke right in half.

Got a whole chicken in the brine for later today.

I love love love my Thermapen. Just got it earlier this month and have been using it for pretty much everything. worth the money for sure!
    Be the Match! www.bethematch.org

2011 - 2012, we believed, they delivered!
    2012 - 2013, be the best 7th man in the league! and do it again for Tanner!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=100755849966783

The biggest change was a brand new smoker. The other one smoked way too hot so you were basically grilling or had to adjust temp like a madman. This one actually achieves the dialed in temperature. What a concept.

Doing pulled pork again today with a small boneless shoulder cut. Love my Traeger!

If anyone is shopping for one, they are having a "special event" at various Costco locations and you can get $100 off. They also threw in a free cover ($45 value) and some rubs. I added the digital temp mod and also have the pimp chrome upgrade on the way from a sale on Traeger.com.

Traeger Wood Pellet Grills Schedule
    hmm the thought of combining my smoker and my grill would be very, very nice...the only question I have is it "grills" at highest setting using convection, right? there is no heat source directly under the food?
    Be the Match! www.bethematch.org

2011 - 2012, we believed, they delivered!
    2012 - 2013, be the best 7th man in the league! and do it again for Tanner!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=100755849966783