Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,197 of 1197

Thread: The BBQ/Smokers/Smoked Meats Thread...

Selke Smooth
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1230 Post(s)

Thermoworks open box sale for the Smoke. I just ordered one

http://campaign.thermoworks.com/2018...unch_cons.html
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

User formerly known as

FIRE BETTMAN!!
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    672 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    Thermoworks open box sale for the Smoke. I just ordered one

http://campaign.thermoworks.com/2018...unch_cons.html
    welcome to the club!
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Lightbulb I read about it

I read about it, but live opinions would be of more help. My personal point of view is that the price is too high for the model. I mean, yeah itís not that important when we speak of smokers, but still the price is really high. Other smokers are more affordable - https://homus.org/smoker-best I didnít manage to decide which smoker I want to buy yet, I need one which works ok with colder temperatures too (for different kinds of meat). I thought on Camp Chef, but I guess that itís better to search for a little bit more. Please help me out.

Selke Smooth
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1230 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julbonnl View Post
    I read about it, but live opinions would be of more help. My personal point of view is that the price is too high for the model. I mean, yeah it’s not that important when we speak of smokers, but still the price is really high. Other smokers are more affordable - https://homus.org/smoker-best I didn’t manage to decide which smoker I want to buy yet, I need one which works ok with colder temperatures too (for different kinds of meat). I thought on Camp Chef, but I guess that it’s better to search for a little bit more. Please help me out.
    Have you decided on propane, electric or charcoal? I'm partial to Weber for charcoal, and i hear good things about the masterbuilt for electric.
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

User formerly known as

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Į\_(ツ)_/Į
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julbonnl View Post
    I read about it, but live opinions would be of more help. My personal point of view is that the price is too high for the model. I mean, yeah it’s not that important when we speak of smokers, but still the price is really high. Other smokers are more affordable - https://homus.org/smoker-best I didn’t manage to decide which smoker I want to buy yet, I need one which works ok with colder temperatures too (for different kinds of meat). I thought on Camp Chef, but I guess that it’s better to search for a little bit more. Please help me out.
    As notbob said, Masterbuilt is great for electric smokers (I have the MES30 and love it).

You mentioned "works ok with colder temperatures". By that, did you mean colder weather, or cold smoking temperatures? If you're talking about cold smoking, the MES30 only goes down to 200 or 225 I think. Maybe 175...can't remember, but I can check later. However, I've cold-smoked salmon at ambient temp using an A-Maze-N tray and a mailbox mod, so there's always a way to make something happen.
    "And then scoring three goals on the power play to really shove it up their butts was really awesome." -Drew Doughty, January 2nd, 2018 @ EDM post-game quote.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1206 Post(s)

<--------------- Also has a Masterbuilt Electric "30".

If you do decide to go with Masterbuilt, may I suggest you step up to the 40. Hindsight is 20/20 for me. Whenever my 30 takes a turn for the worst, I'll get a 40 next.

They're a finesse team.
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    476 Post(s)

Also a MES30 owner. Party!