I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4469 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luc SkyBomba View Post
    Ok the emotion was there in Guardians but the visuals were so damn distracting, as in fake. Hence the Avatar comparison.
    That was some trippy ass, right out of the comics of my youth stuff there kid.

I didn't see a single floating mountain with a waterfall...not a one. Avatar = Yes album covers, GotG2 = 70's comics

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4469 Post(s)

An ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Star May Have Confirmed His Return In ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’
    https://uproxx.com/hitfix/nick-fury-...home-avengers/

The Dolphin Cares!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1978 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    That was some trippy ass, right out of the comics of my youth stuff there kid.

I didn't see a single floating mountain with a waterfall...not a one. Avatar = Yes album covers, GotG2 = 70's comics
    Were you watching while on your meds?

I like 70's Yes Albums covers, mind you! A lot of those 70's Progs album covers, not just Rush, haha. And those '70's comics too. I still wonder what it must've been to be a kid of the '70's with all those visuals, ha!

See, Jerseydevil, you should take a page outta Orphy's book, and say, "It's not fake looking, it's stylized, dammit!"

That's what I always say when people criticize the visuals of something I like.

Oh, and Infinity Grimace!!

I put the D in RICHARSON
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    508 Post(s)

you trippin JD

fantastic hair.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    Were you watching while on your meds?

I like 70's Yes Albums covers, mind you! A lot of those 70's Progs album covers, not just Rush, haha. And those '70's comics too. I still wonder what it must've been to be a kid of the '70's with all those visuals, ha!

See, Jerseydevil, you should take a page outta Orphy's book, and say, "It's not fake looking, it's stylized, dammit!"

That's what I always say when people criticize the visuals of something I like.

Oh, and Infinity Grimace!!
    i think somewhere in there, orphy just called you old. heh!

my kid just binge watched the marvel universe movies. the one i couldn’t get into most was the 2nd thor flick. (i like that he cuts his hair later though. )

strangely, my kid really enjoys ant man and keeps asking me to take her to ant man and the wasp but we’ve been so busy. mind you, she’s only 8.

The Dolphin Cares!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1978 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post

Old-er.

my kid just binge watched the marvel universe movies. the one i couldn’t get into most was the 2nd thor flick. (i like that he cuts his hair later though. )

strangely, my kid really enjoys ant man and keeps asking me to take her to ant man and the wasp but we’ve been so busy. mind you, she’s only 8.
    Only 8? Hey, the younger we get these kids into comic book characters the better! Then again, I have been into this comic book thing since I could read and look at how I turned out so it can be a mixed bag, haha. :D

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4469 Post(s)

I have been called worse by better dolphins...

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4469 Post(s)

The Final ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Easter Egg May Have Been Discovered
    https://uproxx.com/hitfix/guardians-...al-easter-egg/

Ducks Suck!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    350 Post(s)

The Final ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Easter Egg May Have Been Discovered
    https://uproxx.com/hitfix/guardians-...al-easter-egg/
    Interesting stuff. Love Galactus

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4595 Post(s)

I am not gonna have any of this anti GotG 2 nonsense. It is a seamless movie with HUGE emotions, life changing cosmical comic beauty, and Ego...the living planet. Personified as the KURT RUSSELL. So stahp.

Dr. Strange was a mixed bag. Picked up as it went on, and sadly, really hit it's stride when Strange tricked Dormammu. If you look back, Doc Strange is the lynchpin that Infinity war hinged on. And the Guardians were essential as well.

Orph, thanks for giving Cap trilogy the nod. First movie captures EXACTLY what Cap was to me as a child. Second was a small movie wrapped inside a huge one. Unlike anything that came before. Civil War...another key moment in the direction of the Marvel monster. Cap is more important than Tony Stark.

discuss
    Regarding Civil War, the respective arcs of Stark and Rogers are true to their characters. Cap is a good man who always makes the right choice at the right time, despite the consequences. Stark has this constant, repetitive sequence of making bad decisions based on his ego, then being redeemed. I wouldn't agree that Cap is more important, just that his motives will always be pure and less convoluted.

Stark accepted the Accords because he knows he couldn't be trusted to regulate himself. Rogers didn't because he wanted the responsibility in his own hands. Virtue always wins out in these morality tales.

I really like the ideals in Civil War, even though it feels like a plot interrupted by constant set pieces. Somebody really should have died in that movie to add some gravity.

The one thing that bugs me has nothing to do with the movie. It's that they had a wonderful opportunity to create a movie before Infinity War that dealt with the aftermath of Civil War, where the Thunderbolts could have been introduced to hunt down Cap and The Gang and bring some juicy villains into the fold. Making Civil War a one-off lessens the weight of the plot.

The Dark Avengers era is far and away my favorite Marvel comic event. If only they had they gone with Michael Keaton as Norman Osborn instead of The Vulture in Homecoming, man, what an opportunity lost. Probably would have cost Marvel a crap-ton to add another movie to those expiring contracts, and pushed Infinity War back three years.