still boring

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4660 Post(s)

Marvel?s ?Eternals? Explained: Who Are Angelina Jolie & Co. Playing, Anyway?
    http://collider.com/marvel-eternals-...na-jolie-thena

This will be the real test for Marvel going forward. Can you take an oft cancelled obscure comic, fill it with a diverse to the point of distraction cast(if you disagree with my statement don't accuse me of being insensitive/racist/sexist, this cast is almost defiantly diverse and, in my opinion, without a real focal point. Challenging to say the least), and hand the keys to an untested director. Endgame is over. And this is basically a solo property. Therefore, no built in audience. It's a big risk to hinge phase 4 on. Not against it in the least. Just think Marvel has upped the degree of difficulty and it will be interesting to see if it pays off. If you want to compare to Guardians...it doesn't. James Gunn had a loyal audience coming in. And the characters were at least visually compelling. I read Eternals when I was a kid. It was rife with a lot of the same issues Thor had to overcome. And despite Kirby's influence...they were neither visually stimulating or in the pure sense of the word...entertaining. Which is why the comic always got cancelled. Of all the things they announced, this is the one I want to see.

I put the D in RICHARSON
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    548 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Marvel’s ‘Eternals’ Explained: Who Are Angelina Jolie & Co. Playing, Anyway?
    http://collider.com/marvel-eternals-...na-jolie-thena

This will be the real test for Marvel going forward. Can you take an oft cancelled obscure comic, fill it with a diverse to the point of distraction cast(if you disagree with my statement don't accuse me of being insensitive/racist/sexist, this cast is almost defiantly diverse and, in my opinion, without a real focal point. Challenging to say the least), and hand the keys to an untested director. Endgame is over. And this is basically a solo property. Therefore, no built in audience. It's a big risk to hinge phase 4 on. Not against it in the least. Just think Marvel has upped the degree of difficulty and it will be interesting to see if it pays off. If you want to compare to Guardians...it doesn't. James Gunn had a loyal audience coming in. And the characters were at least visually compelling. I read Eternals when I was a kid. It was rife with a lot of the same issues Thor had to overcome. And despite Kirby's influence...they were neither visually stimulating or in the pure sense of the word...entertaining. Which is why the comic always got cancelled. Of all the things they announced, this is the one I want to see.
    James Gunn had the power of a Lloyd Kaufman cameo!

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2329 Post(s)

The Eternals IS obscure in the sense that it isn't that comic book readers don't know anything about it, but, a lot of people, like myself, who have read a lot, including crap, haha, have never read any of its incarnations at all.

Nope. Not even the Neil Gaiman one. :O

That Kirby The Eternals title is probably before my time, but I do remember seeing back issues in stores, and I remember thinking, who's that blonde sissy and is he related to Quasar? Haha. I don't talk like that now, but I did when I was 10, sue me.

It doesn't matter that these characters aren't that well known since the MCU brand is so strong right now. But the question does remain, is this property even good enough for a movie?

That I agree, is the big gamble, and I guess what makes it exciting.

Haha. Quasar.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2329 Post(s)

But it was called ENDgame. False advertising!!

Then again, they can go the horror route, e.g. Friday the 13th, and call the next movie, Avengers 5: The New Beginning.

Honestly, we all knew that these Avengers movies are like that ending of Toy Story 3, it doesn't matter how much it made you cry, we all knew if wasn't the last one.

Now if you excuse me, I have something in my eye!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2329 Post(s)

ABC Lines Up Next Marvel Adaptation, In Talks For “Mostly Brand New” Female Superhero

https://deadline.com/2019/08/abc-lin...on-1202661990/

Can they just bring Agent Carter back?

I would be over the moon if they did a She-Hulk series. So it probably won't happen.

It might be Kamala Khan.

Remember when we were kids, or rather, I remember when I was a kid and was glad when I got anything based on comics regardless of how bad it was, Generation X, lol, but now I think I have the right to demand things, haha. :D

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2329 Post(s)

Marvel Has Plans for More Street-Level Superhero Shows, Post-Netflix

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-has-plans...-post-netflix/