Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 429
  1. #411
    Nyssa's Minion
    jammer06's Avatar
    Karma: 1947506647
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,507
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3406 Post(s)

    Default

    I just watched the last half hour of ghosts of Mars. Holy **** this movie was amazeballz campy badness. And now I totally want to watch it from the beginning
    https://youtu.be/wAa9OOf3IuY

  2. #412
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    jerseydevil's Avatar
    Karma: 19030756
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    49,765
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4493 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    I just watched the last half hour of ghosts of Mars. Holy **** this movie was amazeballz campy badness. And now I totally want to watch it from the beginning
    https://youtu.be/wAa9OOf3IuY
    It's such a beautiful disaster. Such a liquid, abstract movie. But then it tries to actually be a movie...kinda sort of...then it gets very 'experimental', and Ice Cube. Jason Statham. Come on, it's a classic.

  3. #413
    Just... just listen.
    darby's Avatar
    Karma: 3632644
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    13,039
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    978 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roenick View Post
    This has been making the rounds on HBO's rotation lately. Watched it last night. Still love it for the underdog sentimentality!
    I really liked this movie, too.

    They way it links the stories of the main characters into the story of the times, and some great performances. The supporting roles from Elizabeth Banks and William H. Macy were especially good.


    "Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

  4. #414
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    jerseydevil's Avatar
    Karma: 19030756
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    49,765
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4493 Post(s)

    Default


  5. #415
    Just... just listen.
    darby's Avatar
    Karma: 3632644
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    13,039
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    978 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    "PIRATE RADIO" POSTER
    This is a "guilty pleasures" thread, man. Not a "under the radar brilliant films" thread.

    Now THIS is how it's done:

  6. #416
    Just... just listen.
    darby's Avatar
    Karma: 3632644
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    13,039
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    978 Post(s)

    Default




    Yup. Into it. Never on TV enough for me. I get excited often, only to find that the movie I was excited about was one of those s***y CG "Cats and Dogs" movies. Which are on ALL THE F***ING TIME SO I'M CONSTANTLY DISAPPOINTED.

    Anyway....

  7. #417
    I put the D in RICHARSON
    Luc SkyBomba's Avatar
    Karma: 1609000
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,870
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post



    Yup. Into it. Never on TV enough for me. I get excited often, only to find that the movie I was excited about was one of those s***y CG "Cats and Dogs" movies. Which are on ALL THE F***ING TIME SO I'M CONSTANTLY DISAPPOINTED.

    Anyway....
    one of my faves

  8. #418
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    jerseydevil's Avatar
    Karma: 19030756
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    49,765
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4493 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    This is a "guilty pleasures" thread, man. Not a "under the radar brilliant films" thread.
    Well...I could make the same argument for Down Periscope.

  9. #419
    Nyssa's Minion
    jammer06's Avatar
    Karma: 1947506647
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,507
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3406 Post(s)

    Default

    I remember being very confused about Jeanine Garofalo being portrayed as a bit of a minx in that one, especially compared to her stand up work.

  10. #420
    I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    jerseydevil's Avatar
    Karma: 19030756
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    49,765
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4493 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    I remember being very confused about Jeanine Garofalo being portrayed as a bit of a minx in that one, especially compared to her stand up work.
    She isn't AS bad as David Cross...but similar. Seemingly highbrow, but when it comes to movie roles, not quite as particular. Patton Oswalt is the rare bird that can make it work.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •