Page 156 of 160 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1598

Thread: Science!!!

  1. #1551
    Taxi Squad
    What party?'s Avatar
    Karma: 2196575
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    683
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Speaking of dead people, theyve found more of them in greece

    https://www.archaeology.org/news/587...e-chamber-tomb
    If you love dead bodies...this book may be for you. It's about the advancement of science through body donation. Which sounds super dry, it is not. It's hilarious. She's written the same kind of book about space (packing for mars ), food and sex (don't remember the titles) but "Stiff", by far is my favorite.

    http://www.maryroach.net/stiff.html

  2. #1552
    Nyssa's Minion
    jammer06's Avatar
    Karma: 81855000
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,048
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    If you love dead bodies...this book may be for you. It's about the advancement of science through body donation. Which sounds super dry, it is not. It's hilarious. She's written the same kind of book about space (packing for mars ), food and sex (don't remember the titles) but "Stiff", by far is my favorite.

    http://www.maryroach.net/stiff.html
    Necrophilia jokes aside this book looks pretty interesting. I remember seeing the bodyworlds exhibit and being totally blown away. Thanks for the heads up, I'm always down for good science book stuff (check out the book thread).

  3. #1553
    The Dolphin is Not Amused
    orpheus's Avatar
    Karma: 12166000
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    21,538
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1715 Post(s)

    Default

    I read Mary Roach, but only her book on sex because of course I did.

    http://www.maryroach.net/bonk.html

  4. #1554
    Taxi Squad
    What party?'s Avatar
    Karma: 2196575
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    683
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    I read Mary Roach, but only her book on sex because of course I did.

    http://www.maryroach.net/bonk.html
    Ha! Sounds right. I tried reading that book too and read up to the chapter about the sex toy inventor/hobbyist who fashioned something self propelled together on a bicycle seat but could not find a woman to try it. Lols. Annnnddd, done. It was a little too "american psycho" and the car battery. =(

  5. #1555
    Nyssa's Minion
    jammer06's Avatar
    Karma: 81855000
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,048
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3125 Post(s)

    Default

    Hockey Science! too bad about this one though. I had hoped it would help

    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/warn...ries-1.4267221

  6. #1556
    Taxi Squad
    What party?'s Avatar
    Karma: 2196575
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    683
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Necrophilia jokes aside this book looks pretty interesting. I remember seeing the bodyworlds exhibit and being totally blown away. Thanks for the heads up, I'm always down for good science book stuff (check out the book thread).
    Good looking out Jam, I'll check out the book thread.

  7. #1557
    Team LGK
    JWR's Avatar
    Karma: 8477192
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

    Default

    3 Mile wide Asteroid to make a very close flyby of Earth tomorrow

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/31/us/ast...rnd/index.html
    "Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison

  8. #1558
    Selke Smooth
    notbob's Avatar
    Karma: 260782448
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,174
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1205 Post(s)
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter


  9. #1559
    Nyssa's Minion
    jammer06's Avatar
    Karma: 81855000
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,048
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've had one of them in china

  10. #1560
    Driver, Assload Wagon
    ChilledAgua's Avatar
    Karma: 4288441
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    7,079
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)

    Default

    A contemporaneous account of some of the current projects in Quantum Computing -


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •