The new season is coming up fast, and will the Angels win the division this year?!? Or at least make the playoffs! 2013 might be a good season for Angels fans. Let's see what happens folks
I'm seriously thinking over 100 wins or bust this season. Astros in the weak NL moving to the AL West now? No excuses.
Then again, the Angels always struggled against the crappy Mariners over the last few seasons... so maybe the Astros will destroy us. =\ But yeah, I'm eyeing over 100 wins because of the following reasons...
1) Astros - Because of what I said above ^^^
2) Albert Pujols - Everyone said it was the worse year of his career and he still went .285, 30 HR, 105 RBIs. Can you imagine what he can pull off on an average or even good year? That speaks volume alone.
3) Mike Trout - Definitely hoping that there isn't a sophomore slump. If he can put up remotely the same numbers as his rookie season (.326, 30 HR, 83 RBIs, 129 Runs, and 49 SBs) or better... just imagine what could happen!
4) Josh Hamilton - Biggest signing this offseason for the Halos. .285, 43 HR, 128 RBI, 103 Runs. WOW. Again, if he can remotely match those numbers we'll be in amazing shape.
5) CJ Wilson - He had a bit of an off year as well like Pujols. I am confident that he'll definitely bounce back... and when he does, our 1-2 punch of Weaver and Wilson will be scary as hell.
So yeah, that's why I'm expecting 100 plus wins from the Halos.
Only thing is TooCool... Josh won't be playing in Texas anymore, and his numbers won't be as good now. I still think he will be a stud but not as good as before. I'm thinking about 30 to 35 HR from him next season
I'm thinking about 30 to 35 HR from him next season
I'll take it! Along with Pujols improving, Trout continuing his strong play, and Trumbo becoming more consistent. The pitching staff needs a little more consistency as well. This really isn't a lot to ask for as it takes just a couple minor tweaks. Add in that the American League West division should be weaker than it has been the past couple of seasons.