fantastic hair.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    340 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad91 View Post
    yup hard to find in so cal. Bev mo will have it sometimes. I think the restaurant was kid friendly. Also go across the street to The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen across the street. =)
    well, every single time i go to SF, i eat at the slanted door in the ferry building. i usually fast all day and then pig out on a family style meal there, lol. and 21st amendment IS indeed super close by. it just so happened that the one day we spent in the city, we drove across the golden gate bridge (first time in 18 years and first time for my kid) to go to santa rosa for russian river. then we drove down the coast from half moon bay to santa cruz and went to sacramento for business. if i end up in SF for more than a day, i will for sure check out the american grilled cheese kitchen because i LOVE me some cheese.

oh and i never shop at bevmo anymore because i kind of hate how they keep all their beer on warm shelves. :-/
    and the guy who works the whole foods beer dept has gotten to recognize and know me enough to put aside bottles of pliny for me so he's won me over. lol.
    Last edited by lunchbox; March 24th, 2015 at 07:15 PM.

Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Had it the other weekend over at Lucky Baldwins in Pasadena. It was pretty good... not as good as some have been making it out to be.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    371 Post(s)

And once again I'm too late! Apparently they moved up their production a week early. There are a few places that have not yet tapped it but for the most part it's come & gone. I don't care how hyped it is or how long the lines for it are. Damn it, I want it!

http://thefullpint.com/events/hopwat...y-the-younger/

Hops Are Addictive
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

Finally got my hands on some Younger this year at 38 Degrees in Alhambra. I know many have said no beer is worth waiting that long in line for, but I had to do it. It was a tasty triple IPA but certainly not earth shattering.

But that's okay, I can finally say I've tried it, and I'm good with that. Funny thing is, I got there early in the morning (8:00 am) just to get a ticket that would allow me to come back later and get a flight of RR beers including the Younger. But when I came back a few hours later to get a table and the flight, people were just showing up and getting the flight without a ticket. Lesson learned for next year, if I choose to do it again.

All Star
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    593 Post(s)

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    371 Post(s)

I DEED IT! I finally got to try Pliny The Younger. Slater's 50/50 in Anaheim Hills has it today. They're selling flights of Younger, Elder, Blind Pig, & Row 2 Hill 56. I got here about 2 hours before the tickets went on sale, which was early but OK since it's my day off. Anyway, I know it's close to the point where the hype overtakes the reality. But it's really an excellent beer. I thought it would be super hoppy but it's not. It's actually pretty smooth with a bit of fruitiness. Not that I mind hoppiness. But anyway besides this flight I also had Damnation, Elder, & Pig on tap. And all of them are terrific . But Pliny the Younger wins & is definitely worth it.

Kings season be like...
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    731 Post(s)

Lucky Baldwin's three locations will have the Younger on tap at three subsequent dates.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

There right now. This year's seems a little better than last year's.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    371 Post(s)

#PlinyWatch: Your 2019 Guide to Finding Pliny the Younger in LA

https://hoppedla.com/blog/plinywatch-2019

Time wounds all heels.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    #PlinyWatch: Your 2019 Guide to Finding Pliny the Younger in LA

https://hoppedla.com/blog/plinywatch-2019
    Waiting in hours long lines to get a few ounces of ANY beer is absolutely dumb, no matter what the beer is. This is me speaking personally, as well as professionally. There isn't a single beer in the world worth waiting in line for more than a couple of minutes, max.