All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    lol no kidding. a friend asked if my husband would be down to go with hers. she can’t make it. we were like... but it’s in ohio... hahaha. festivals are neither his nor my thing either. that’s a fun lineup though.

also sorry bout bad religion. i missed it entirely, spring breaking in france.
    Me too. I was considering the back to beach fest sunday date on my way back from san diego, but then it was like ugh a festival. I could always buy side of stage tickets for $330 though :(

On a happier note, after taking my 3 year old to aquabats last week, he asked me last night when we can go see them again. Happy father.

fantastic hair.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Me too. I was considering the back to beach fest sunday date on my way back from san diego, but then it was like ugh a festival. I could always buy side of stage tickets for $330 though :(

On a happier note, after taking my 3 year old to aquabats last week, he asked me last night when we can go see them again. Happy father.
    rad!
    should’ve replied sooner, but you can go to those fests and hang out outside on the beach for way cheaper than admission. you can still hear the music (and maybe see from a distance) but you just don’t get access to vendors or their overflowing portapotties. lol. i have friends who do that but i’ve never gone because i don’t feel like dealing with beach crowds and paying parking (i usually bike down to the beach closer to me, by the pier).

did you hear about the lineup change to camp punk in drublic? and stone brewing pulling their sponsorship and ceasing brewing of the punk in drublic beer? all because nofx opened their mouths and crossed a pretty serious line at punk rock bowling.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

did you hear about the lineup change to camp punk in drublic? and stone brewing pulling their sponsorship and ceasing brewing of the punk in drublic beer? all because nofx opened their mouths and crossed a pretty serious line at punk rock bowling.
    Oh yes I heard all about this. When I initially watched the video, I just thought yeah that's nofx. I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought until the uproar exploded. I have a bunch of different feelings, all of which will contribute to one side or the other of the many arguments that blasted across the internet.

Pretty much, tons of people were outrageously offended by the comments, and tons of nofx fans were outrageously offended that they decided to apologize. I have my own thoughts, but mostly had a laugh that Stone Brewing decided to sponsor and didn't think at some point fat mike might say something out of the norm.

Also Mark Adkins from Guttermouth is probably having a laugh.

fantastic hair.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)

Oh yes I heard all about this. When I initially watched the video, I just thought yeah that's nofx. I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought until the uproar exploded. I have a bunch of different feelings, all of which will contribute to one side or the other of the many arguments that blasted across the internet.

Pretty much, tons of people were outrageously offended by the comments, and tons of nofx fans were outrageously offended that they decided to apologize. I have my own thoughts, but mostly had a laugh that Stone Brewing decided to sponsor and didn't think at some point fat mike might say something out of the norm.

Also Mark Adkins from Guttermouth is probably having a laugh.
    i have a bunch of different feelings about it, too. basically, that's typical nofx, but also they did it in vegas where feelings from the october attack are still raw. it's a very touchy subject so i can see how certain sponsors would want to distance themselves from that. i talked to my kid's friend's dad and he said camp punk in drublic went just fine and people are going to move onto the next internet thing to rage about. he said the punk in drublic fests are doing really well and believes the promoter wants to keep doing them, whether it's marketed differently or people just move on and accept it as it is under the same name.

what's funny about the stone brewing thing was that it was eric melvin who spoke first and the stone tasting room has had him do an appearance and DJ set to market the punk in drublic lager. heh.

what's that about guttermouth? i never really followed them.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

what's that about guttermouth? i never really followed them.
    oh they're just notorious for the same thing, and I've probably heard Adkins say much worse. He really does not give a %&^* though.

You see Thrice's new song? (and upcoming tour)

fantastic hair.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)

oh they're just notorious for the same thing, and I've probably heard Adkins say much worse. He really does not give a %&^* though.

You see Thrice's new song? (and upcoming tour)
    oh hahaha, i can see that. i think i've heard that about them but since i don't follow them, i wouldn't be able to recall any specifics... at least nothing like what fat mike has done as his cokie the clown alter ego.

YES! i have a ticket to see them at the wiltern. it's going to be a crazy weekend. i'm seeing thursday play full collapse and war all the time in their entirety friday and saturday night at the echoplex and then again early sunday at chain reaction and then driving up to LA for that thrice show. i'm going to be so tired...

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

oh hahaha, i can see that. i think i've heard that about them but since i don't follow them, i wouldn't be able to recall any specifics... at least nothing like what fat mike has done as his cokie the clown alter ego.

YES! i have a ticket to see them at the wiltern. it's going to be a crazy weekend. i'm seeing thursday play full collapse and war all the time in their entirety friday and saturday night at the echoplex and then again early sunday at chain reaction and then driving up to LA for that thrice show. i'm going to be so tired...
    right on! I still prefer Phoenix Ignition thrice, but you know how that goes. Much obliged if you get any postable video if they play it Man I haven't listened to Thursday since like college. I should pull them out. Have fun!

My wife surprised me on my bday with tickets to Andrew WK at the Fonda in September, super stoked on that. Have tickets to see Street Dogs the 29th this month at the roxy. Debating if i wanted to go to the bosstones the night before and make it a true boston weekend, but I don't think my body can handle it, nor do I like the idea of driving deep downtown on a friday. Also goin to mxpx at the troubadour July 7th because hey if they keep playing I'll keep going.

Man I'm tired just thinking about the above shows and I'll probably end up staying in back by the bar anyways.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; June 12th, 2018 at 12:53 PM.

Atomic Punch
    Images
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

I prefer this Ignition

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Well the nofx story keeps on rolling.... (asteriks for language)

fatmikedude: F*** it! I’m not supposed to talk about it, but because of the comments we made in Las Vegas... every NOFX show has been cancelled in the US. We did not drop off the shows.... we were told that NOFX is not welcome to play ANY big venue in the United States. No joke! NOFX has effectively been banned in our own country. This is not our choice, but it is our reality. We are very sorry to our fans, especially the ones in Austin. For now, we are playing in Europe, Mexico, and Canada. The Punk in Drublic Festival is still happening in Europe and other continents. I’m trying my best to bring it back to the US but a lot of people don’t want it to happen. It f****** sucks! We made a mistake, we apologized, and we gotta suffer the consequences. Maybe it ain’t fair, but whoever said life was. We are just very thankful that our fans are being so supportive. Thanks to all of you!!!!!
    See y’all in Slovenia tomorrow!

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    938 Post(s)

Because I just love this band.