Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    did you go?

i haven't listened to the new specials album because last time i tried to do it with the free spotify app on my phone, it wouldn't play the album in order so i gave up. i rarely spend time at the computer these days because i'm usually momming around town. don't care to pay for spotify. maybe someday. i did buy the record store day 7" and it sounds fine. did you hear what happened to that tuesday night specials show at the anaheim HOB though? lynval golding was hospitalized with some ailment and couldn't get released in time to play so they canceled the show but not until after people stood around until nearly 10pm thinking the show was still on. d'oh! that's not ideal for me since i'm the kind of person who shows up just in time for the headliner and splits immediately after the encore. it's the only way i have the energy to go to 20+ shows a year and still spend time with my family. they rescheduled to the following sunday and played without openers but it was too hectic a weekend for me to sign up for.

next show for me is july 7 in solana beach/san diego. chuck ragan (hot water music), dave hause (the loved ones) and dan andriano (alkaline trio) are doing a charity show.
    I did not end up attending unfortunately. Too hard to get out.

Wow that is awful on the specials show. I would have been livid, especially if I drove all the way to anaheim.

I got tickets to the OC Brew Ha Ha fest in orange county in September. I'm taking my boys as they love both Suburban Legends and the Aquabats (I'm not sad about seeing save ferris and voodoo glow skulls either). Hopefully they can stick it out. I think that and Millencolin the same month are the only upcomings for me at the moment.

46 & 2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Save Ferris were so much fun at Back to the Beach! Monique was sooo happy at the last club show at PRB, what a great way to end the festival. I’m mainly going to the Brew Ha Ha for the Aquabats, but Voodoo and Save Ferris don’t suck, should be an awesome day.
    Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Bar room hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    915 Post(s)

This band is just awesome to see live, and Ucsdguy1 will back me up on this!

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

Man got a few shows coming up:

OC Brew Ha Ha Fest [Aquabats, Suburban Legends, Save Ferris, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Skapeche Mode, Codename: Rocky] 9/7
    Millencolin - 9/14
    Face to Face + Lagwagon 10/26

And happy I finally get to see these guys playing with MXPX and The Ataris in November (Anaheim but at least on a saturday)

(or as I like to call em, Less than jake a bit faster and without horns)

I also really wanted to go see Off With Their Heads 10/21 but the thought of driving downtown on a monday and working the next day makes me feel super old, especially with another show a few days later.