Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75

Thread: Official 2014 MLS Season Thread

  1. #61
    2nd Scoring Line
    Dawdler's Avatar
    Karma: 1029000
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Default

    I'll be there in 238 can't wait.

  2. #62
    2nd Scoring Line
    Dawdler's Avatar
    Karma: 1029000
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Default

    woohoo Galaxy win!!!! got my ticket for the MLS Cup, see you guys there!!

  3. #63
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 6718739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,405
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1097 Post(s)

    Default

    I realize I strongly dislike clint dempsey when he's not playing for the US national team.

    Gutsy eek out of 2-1. Keane and Donovan did not have anywhere close to their best games. (How did donovan not bury that breakaway). Crazy shot from Juninho

    Glorious that the final will be in LA

  4. #64
    All Star
    Ice24's Avatar
    Karma: 1279000
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,943
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2227 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
    woohoo Galaxy win!!!! got my ticket for the MLS Cup, see you guys there!!
    Galaxy lose game and make the final, only in soccer! WTF and I like the Galaxy but the winner should make it to the final not the loser of the game.

  5. #65
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 6718739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,405
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1097 Post(s)

    Default

    except it wasn't just one game. Home and away and the galaxy beat them 1-0 last week.

    Sounds like you just don't like the away goal rule. And perhaps would've liked it to go to overtime and/or penalty kicks.

    oh and


  6. #66
    All Star
    Ice24's Avatar
    Karma: 1279000
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,943
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2227 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    except it wasn't just one game. Home and away and the galaxy beat them 1-0 last week.

    Sounds like you just don't like the away goal rule. And perhaps would've liked it to go to overtime and/or penalty kicks.

    oh and



    No penalty kicks, sudden death will make things more interesting. No 15 minute overtime and then switch for another 15 minutes. Time outs for players falling down holding their legs and balls that go out of bounds, time out. Referee hands the ball to the player. Best 2 out of 3 is good enough. Winner of the series by games is the winner, not goals against, goals away and goals home. Better record gets home field.

  7. #67
    King
    King Smokey's Avatar
    Karma: 18171000
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

    Default

    I just was joking to my friends..... the galaxy LOSE a game, TIE on aggregate score, and WIN the series all at the same time. No wonder Americans hate soccer. Haha.

    Section 232 row CC. Should be a great game.

  8. #68
    Team LGK
    LetTigerIn's Avatar
    Karma: 1544920
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,135
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    800 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    No penalty kicks, sudden death will make things more interesting. No 15 minute overtime and then switch for another 15 minutes. Time outs for players falling down holding their legs and balls that go out of bounds, time out. Referee hands the ball to the player. Best 2 out of 3 is good enough. Winner of the series by games is the winner, not goals against, goals away and goals home. Better record gets home field.
    Golden goal sucks. Playing to full time is better. Away goals is a fine tiebreaker. Three games would be ridiculous. Would take a month to complete a single playoff round.

  9. #69
    All Star
    Ice24's Avatar
    Karma: 1279000
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,943
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2227 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    Golden goal sucks. Playing to full time is better. Away goals is a fine tiebreaker. Three games would be ridiculous. Would take a month to complete a single playoff round.
    Every four days a game. Substitutions during the game in which a player can come back. 12 days to complete a round. I would guarantee more Americans would watch with these games with these rules. No one wants to see a championship game settled by penalty kicks. There is a reason the NHL does not do SO in the playoffs.

    Sudden Death would have all the fans at the edge of their seats. Time does not start until the ball is in play is a great rule, the players can stall all they want but the game will be stopped until the ball is back in play. No extra time! The game would be a lot more exciting for Americans!

  10. #70
    Team LGK
    LetTigerIn's Avatar
    Karma: 1544920
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,135
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    800 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    Every four days a game. Substitutions during the game in which a player can come back. 12 days to complete a round. I would guarantee more Americans would watch with these games with these rules. No one wants to see a championship game settled by penalty kicks. There is a reason the NHL does not do SO in the playoffs.

    Sudden Death would have all the fans at the edge of their seats. Time does not start until the ball is in play is a great rule, the players can stall all they want but the game will be stopped until the ball is back in play. No extra time! The game would be a lot more exciting for Americans!
    I don't think any rule changes are necessarily going to bring considerably more Americans the sport!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •