Click Here!
Page 249 of 279 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2786

Thread: ***DSLR/Photography MegaThread***

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGoalie View Post
    Thinking about heading to the camera shop tomorrow and buying some B&W 35mm rolls. Luc Skybomba's pics inspired me to try my hand at B&W again. I guess I could always take pics off my DSLR, grayscale them and then up the contrast to get the look I want, but my Nikon 35mm camera has been dormant for a while so maybe it's time to brush up on those film skillz.
    awesome! i need to get to the camera shop also for more rolls and more fixer.

Thinking about heading to the camera shop tomorrow and buying some B&W 35mm rolls. Luc Skybomba's pics inspired me to try my hand at B&W again. I guess I could always take pics off my DSLR, grayscale them and then up the contrast to get the look I want, but my Nikon 35mm camera has been dormant for a while so maybe it's time to brush up on those film skillz.
    You know how you have those days where your friends will say stuff like, "oh man, you're such a good photographer" or "wow how did you learn to do such great stuff" and you start to feel good about the effort and time you've put in? And you know those days where you find out that you can fire your flash by pushing a button on the back of it without your camera having anything to do with it? Yeah, guess which day I had today.

Quote Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
    Did have some nice luck today, though. A lady named Sarah Hall from Soho Myriad Art Consulting emailed me about purchasing the rights to print one of my b&w HDR aviation-related images on a WALL-SIZED sheet of aircraft-grade aluminum for a decorating job her firm is doing for an executive meeting room at the Hilton Newark Airport. I replied, "INTERESTED!" and am waiting for her opening offer.

Do any of you know what a realistic and fair price would be for me to charge for a single-use, print-only license for this company to fulfill their clients requirements? She says she wants to have it printed on like a wall-sized 3:2 ratio (original aspect ratio)...like a 5'x8' or something like that.

So...I've got that going for me...gungagallunga.
    I have no idea what something like that would run, but to tell you the truth, Id just be thrilled that someone wanted to use it in such a prominent way. If it happens, have her send a picture of the final product that you can post here.

It'll be neat because that hotel is where my airline puts us up when we overnight in Newark, coincidentally. I might get a chance to look at it first hand!

Thanks.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.

I just bought some old manual lenses and attached to one of them was an old Russian Zenit. I also have a Minolta XG-1 on the way with some lenses. I was just thinking of doing some B&W film shooting myself.

I gotta get the camera out. Once hockey stops I go into photo hibernation.

Surfers taken from Huntington Beach Pier this morning.

пиздец стучит в дверь

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat View Post

Surfers taken from Huntington Beach Pier this morning.
    What was this guy doing?

He went up and over but his board didn't make it, see the kook cord if you look real close