Click Here!
Page 251 of 278 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2779

Thread: ***DSLR/Photography MegaThread***

Images

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGoalie View Post
    I never really alter my pics in PS or LR. I've experimented a bit, but my opinion is if you alter the pic much it goes from photography to graphic design. Plus I also think if you need to touch it up in PS, then you ain't got it. That said, there are cool things you can do aside from just simple cropping and adjusting. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to do those things.

Just came back from a trip to Ireland.

429 by The Black Cloud, on Flickr

With either of those programs you could get all the intricate detail of those stone objects without having to blow the blue sky out. If you don't want to "cheat" a strong flash and a polarizer can do the same thing in camera. This might even make a good multi-exposure HDR.

Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar

Well, haven't had much time to go through my photos from Mono Lake and the area around it but here's one that came out nice (I thought). For some reason though, the colors are off on the upload. It's less purpley and more blue sky and the clouds actually have more orange in there. Not sure why that happens but I seem to see it on occasion.

I'll post some more as I get a chance to go through them some more.

Very nice pic.

Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    ...For some reason though, the colors are off on the upload. It's less purpley and more blue sky and the clouds actually have more orange in there. Not sure why that happens but I seem to see it on occasion.
    This is most likely due to color management. What color space are you saving out at? Anything other than sRGB and chances are it will render incorrectly in your browser.

The issue is this, for 8 bit spaces, each channel can contain a value of 0 through 255. So if for a given pixel the red channel is 255, and the green and blue channels are 0, that pixel is red. No problem so far. The question is, how red is that red? 255,0,0 in sRGB is a different red that 255,0,0 in Adobe RGB. The sRGB gamut is pretty small, it was designed do that the vast majority of monitors and printers could reliably reproduce the whole range of colors in the sRGB gamut. So sRGB's pure red, 255,0,0, is not as red as say Adobe RGB's red. There are more colors in the Adobe RGB color space, so the most red you can have in sRGB space (255,0,0) is mapped to 245,0,0 in Adobe RGB space, leaving room for more red reds.

In color managed images, they carry a little tag which tells a color managed application which color space it use to render the image. If you were working in something like Lightroom or Photoshop, their default behavior is to work in a color space which is not sRGB. If you export out of a color managed application without setting the output to sRGB, you will see it render incorrectly in a non color managed application (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), while looking OK in a color managed app.

----
    Couldn't find the resource that I wanted about color management, but this one isn't bad:

Last edited by VF; October 3rd, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

I put the D in RICHARSON Luc SkyBomba's Avatar

got a sweet new lens for my olympus, 45mm f/1.8

P9232767 by Qmüngous, on Flickr

P9232759 by Qmüngous, on Flickr

PA032828 by Qmüngous, on Flickr

Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VF View Post
    Very nice pic.

This is most likely due to color management. What color space are you saving out at? Anything other than sRGB and chances are it will render incorrectly in your browser.

The issue is this, for 8 bit spaces, each channel can contain a value of 0 through 255. So if for a given pixel the red channel is 255, and the green and blue channels are 0, that pixel is red. No problem so far. The question is, how red is that red? 255,0,0 in sRGB is a different red that 255,0,0 in Adobe RGB. The sRGB gamut is pretty small, it was designed do that the vast majority of monitors and printers could reliably reproduce the whole range of colors in the sRGB gamut. So sRGB's pure red, 255,0,0, is not as red as say Adobe RGB's red. There are more colors in the Adobe RGB color space, so the most red you can have in sRGB space (255,0,0) is mapped to 245,0,0 in Adobe RGB space, leaving room for more red reds.

In color managed images, they carry a little tag which tells a color managed application which color space it use to render the image. If you were working in something like Lightroom or Photoshop, their default behavior is to work in a color space which is not sRGB. If you export out of a color managed application without setting the output to sRGB, you will see it render incorrectly in a non color managed application (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), while looking OK in a color managed app.

----
    Couldn't find the resource that I wanted about color management, but this one isn't bad:

That's an excellent explanation that you gave there. I'm like 100% sure that's what is happening. You learn something new every day. I'll have to check on that. I guess that if I'm working in LR and want to post it somewhere that I just have to accept that or is there a way to get it working appropriately?

PA042889 by Qmüngous, on Flickr

030 by Unholygoalie, on Flickr

L1002170 by Qmüngous, on Flickr

L1002194 by Qmüngous, on Flickr

L1002310 by Qmüngous, on Flickr

Kings 1st Rnd pick in '25 Nicholls9's Avatar

I have a question, I don't know much about DSLRs, but my wife has a simple Canon Rebel T3 and she would like a lens that zooms further than the lens the camera comes with.

Is the Cannon 75-300 a good buy? How much more would it zoom?

Amazon.com: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras: CANON: Camera & Photo