Click Here!
Page 259 of 279 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2786

Thread: ***DSLR/Photography MegaThread***

  1. #2581

    Default

    Playing with the macro 100mm lens and RAW format with my buddy Norman in the backyard.


    Untitled by D_Rice_Photography, on Flickr


    IMG_5545 by D_Rice_Photography, on Flickr


    Untitled by D_Rice_Photography, on Flickr

  2. #2582

    Default

    Silly Question about Fickr.

    So a few years ago I had flicker Pro but didn't renew and was just gonna do it again at some point but now it's free storage is so much larger I don't need to do it. I think it's showing all of my files but not 100% sure. Does anyone here know for if it just reopened the storage I was using and all of my files are there from the Pro account?

  3. #2583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirJW View Post
    Silly Question about Fickr.

    So a few years ago I had flicker Pro but didn't renew and was just gonna do it again at some point but now it's free storage is so much larger I don't need to do it. I think it's showing all of my files but not 100% sure. Does anyone here know for if it just reopened the storage I was using and all of my files are there from the Pro account?
    it should have all your files there

    PS - i'm pissed about the new flickr. i paid for a pro account just a couple months before they started giving 1TB to everyone!!! f'ers!!!

  4. #2584

    Default

    Found this article and thought some of you might enjoy it as much as I did. Seems like it would be a fun project to do, but obviously it's not within everyone's budget.

    I know some time ago people were toying with the idea of doing Photo "Assignments" in this thread. Whatever happened with that idea?

    Fire, Tesla coils and shooting in Paris by night!


  5. #2585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing
    I know some time ago people were toying with the idea of doing Photo "Assignments" in this thread. Whatever happened with that idea?
    We did a bunch of photo challenges (what, five years ago??) where we had a month of a certain theme or key component. The first two ran well, but interest waned for the last couple.

    I just don't have time these days to run that sort of thing, but it might be nice to participate again!!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.


  6. #2586

    Default

    yup, on any forum the first couple contests are always the biggest it seems like

  7. #2587

    Default

    I'd be happy to start one up. Maybe do it every two months to spark ideas and discussions? I've learned a lot from you guys over the years and I know I could use more tips. I'd think of them less as contests and more like themes that we can group think about and come up with new ideas and teach.

    If you guys want to give some advice on how to "run" it, I'd be all ears.

  8. #2588

    Default

    The contests were cool it was just hard finding time to get out there and do it. Of course part of it was getting us off our behinds and out shooting pics. I failed miserably at that part. A few times I had a great idea in my head but by the time I got around to photographing it someone else had already thought of it and posted.

  9. #2589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRice View Post
    The contests were cool it was just hard finding time to get out there and do it. Of course part of it was getting us off our behinds and out shooting pics. I failed miserably at that part. A few times I had a great idea in my head but by the time I got around to photographing it someone else had already thought of it and posted.
    I think if we were to go with a theme instead of an object, that might prevent that sort of premature rejectulation. Instead of Santa Monica Pier or whatever, go with Summertime or Solemn. Pitch out some examples and go to work. Not to mention, having two months to do it might give a little more time. We're all working or have families or other obligations so, the more time the better.

  10. #2590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    I think if we were to go with a theme instead of an object, that might prevent that sort of premature rejectulation. Instead of Santa Monica Pier or whatever, go with Summertime or Solemn. Pitch out some examples and go to work. Not to mention, having two months to do it might give a little more time. We're all working or have families or other obligations so, the more time the better.
    I would be up for it. It might actually get me off my ass.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •