Click Here!
Page 34 of 278 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: ***DSLR/Photography MegaThread***

That tells me two things right there: I need to get hip to the flickr, and I need to be better about key wording

Images

I had a magazine ask for a few Cammy pics and then they didn't use them. :(

A goalie school asked for pics of Quick so maybe I still have a chance at fame and fortune. I'll have to get going on flickr too.

Images

Flickr: It's the ****, Yo!

I should sell them that. It'd be a good advertising slogan in some places.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.

Images

Hey BoeingJets,

I was checking out the Young Gallery the other day and I came across this photographer that made me think of you. This series is by France Bizot, called "Aircraft windows."

This gallery charges big bucks for prints. Now that you are a "pro," maybe you too can start raking in the cash

Here is the link for the gallery: http://www.younggalleryphoto.com/photography.html

By the way, I was flying back to LAX from PHX yesterday on an older 300 series and we had to declare an emergency and go back because the cabin started smelling like smoke. You guys get that often?
    Last edited by DeaderFan; December 7th, 2007 at 04:44 PM.

Images

Nope. Chances are it was a recirculation fan going bad. Happens every now and again, but isn't anything dangerous.

Hope we took good care of you during that, though. Lots of passengers would tend to "think big" when the reason for returning is rather small.

Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoeingJets View Post
    Okay...here's a question for the Photoshop guru's in here:

Is there a way in PS to take correct the distortion in an image that's introduced by a fisheye lens?

EDIT: I've just tried a plug-in called PTLens. It takes out the distortion, but it makes the edges of the image very fuzzy with a lot of artifacts when it does. AND it only works on jpg images for some reason.
    Another plug-in I completely forgot to mention is DxO, but it isn't cheap ($300)

Images
    Last edited by FBJ; December 8th, 2007 at 06:06 PM.

Images

Just f'in around today:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenn_calvin/2099428640/

That'd be a good stock photo. I might have to redo that one with the camera mounted on a tripod set to a lower ISO and have it on a background instead of just on the floor.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenn_calvin/2098693901/

I didn't realize how dirty my living room floor was. This photo is kind of strange, because it looks as if the tower tilts to the right. I swear I lined up the tower to the crop grid when I rotated it! I even tried it three times! I think the near-white highlight on the right side of the tower of blocks draws they eye and makes it appear tilted when it isn't.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by FBJ; December 9th, 2007 at 11:12 PM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoeingJets View Post
    Nope. Chances are it was a recirculation fan going bad. Happens every now and again, but isn't anything dangerous.

Hope we took good care of you during that, though. Lots of passengers would tend to "think big" when the reason for returning is rather small.
    Our captain said it smelled like grease in the A/C system and said it was nothing to worry about. However I heard him tell the maintenance guys who came on the plane that he was not going to fly it again. One of the flight attendants also said he was getting off. It was a little exciting to see the PHX fire crew lined up along the runway as we landed, but there were no problems.

Thanks for posting the reviews on the D3. Looks like the much cheaper 5D still stands up to it fairly well. So far I have been very happy with the D300. Both the white balance and auto focus performance are noticably better than my D200. I still have not taken a lot of shots yet. Perhaps when I get some time over the holidays.

Images

Anyone who uses flickr:

I just realized something about the way that's site's image protection works. Normally, if someone right clicks and tries to save any of my images, they're unable. However, if while logged into flickr, I right click and copy image location to post a picture here via the image tags, it completely removes all download restrictions on the image.

Word to those who want to protect their work. I need to develope a watermark.