Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    Thought I would post this here since I think a few of you play at the rink in Lakewood.. I had some free time earlier today so I went to stick time there since I work nearby and there were a few players running drills, one dressed in Shark gear from head to toe. They let me join and I realized the guy in the sharks gear was Matt Nieto, which made sense as he is from Long Beach (I just started going to the rink this last year since starting to work nearby so I don't know how common it is to see him there). It was so insane to see how good and fast he was up close, it's literally hard to fathom how they can be that good. His skating, stick-handling, shooting were all out of this world. Pretty random but it was a sweet experience and thought you guys would enjoy hearing about it.
    I agree about how astonishing it is to see a guy with talent up close like that. I remember I went to the old Glacial rink in Anaheim about 10 years ago(now KHS I believe), and there was this russian prospect that was right around 12 years old and had boat loads of talent. I saw the kid running drills on the other end of the rink and was in awe at how fast and sharp he was... AT 12!!! Anyway, I never got the kid's name and I'm sure he's playing in the K right now.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2989 Post(s)

Bad news on our playoff front. Their goalie was hot and ours wasn't. On the plus side I scored a goal off a faceoff slapper. Still a disappointing end to the season even if the game was very well contested.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)

Did you guys see the is article on this? Criminal charges for beer league checks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...iacontentstory

Sick Geno ya plug
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    343 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Did you guys see the is article on this? Criminal charges for beer league checks.

******* left his feet and nearly killed the guy with 37 seconds left or whatever... **** that guy he deserves it

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2989 Post(s)

Well that wasn't exactly a beer league check, it sounds like it was a pretty flagrant attempt to injure.

I mean I've checked people when I thought a game was getting out of hand and I needed the refs to get involved before, but only with something that is an obvious bodycheck in a non checking league. I will admit to targeting the players that I think deserve it but it requires things to come together. I make sure it's going to be a clean hit or I skip it.

Generally speaking though you can't stop asshats from being asshats, but at least usually they're obvious. The scary stuff comes from the guy that just snaps and you have no idea what he's doing.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)

I do the same, Jammer. After receiving what I felt was a bit too much contact more than once by the same player, more times than not I will line him up along the boards and throw the hip. I've done it a few times over my beer league career.

Sick Geno ya plug
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    343 Post(s)

It would be cool to meet up somewhere with y'all and mess around at a stick time or something!

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)

That would be fun. Stick times are usually during odd hours during the week, so it would be tough for me to make it to one. I work M-F, 9-6.

Inanimate ****ing object
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2651 Post(s)

That would be fun. Stick times are usually during odd hours during the week, so it would be tough for me to make it to one. I work M-F, 9-6.
    Valley Ice Center in Panorama City has stick times on the weekends.

I put the D in RICHARSON
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    426 Post(s)

I'm trying to get back into the game (roller) after a long hockey drought. My skates got stolen out of my trunk way back and I never bothered getting another pair... Until now.

Anyone play at the North Hollywood inline rink? My coworker was telling me bout it cause she knows someone there. I'm also looking at the rink in Lincoln Heights cause it's a lot closer to my house