I put the D in RICHARSON
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xLAxKingsx View Post
    $100!!? How Sway? Team we assembled for Copper we paying $500 cause everyone wanted to keep it at low players for max ice time. I saw some teams with 22 skaters. What the ****! Do you only like 5 mins of ice time a game?
    Dude I will get my damn money's worth of 5 mins a game!

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1135 Post(s)

$100!!? How Sway? Team we assembled for Copper we paying $500 cause everyone wanted to keep it at low players for max ice time. I saw some teams with 22 skaters. What the ****! Do you only like 5 mins of ice time a game?
    Oops, I left out a key word, we can expect to pay $100 MORE per person. Last season it was $290 a person, which included an extra $10 to chip in for our goalie. I think we carried 14 people?

I put the D in RICHARSON
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Flippin drama at the flippin rink...

Playoffs started last night. I get there a little early to avoid traffic and I'm watching the first game. White team is up 8-1 after the 1st. Second period starts so I go back to my car and get my gear. I'm starting to get ready and I notice the game isn't even happening anymore. All of team white is at the scorer's bench and red team is just chilling. White goalie comes off the rink so I ask him what the hell is going on. Shortly after the start of the 2nd, the red team asked the refs for a roster check on white. The rule is you have to have played minimum three games to be eligible for playoffs and they found my homeboy was only accounted for two. Long story short, red could've reset the game to 0-0 without the illegal player or force them to forfeit. Guess what they choose... It got pretty nasty after that as you could imagine.

So my team won in a comeback victory after being down 0-2, scoring the tying goal with 30 seconds left and then winning the shootout 1-0. Epic game, but now I'm flippin exhausted. I'm already playing sick. Now we gotta play these jerkoffs for the championship.

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Bit behind.

So Last season is over. We ended up from 1st place to last place
    It all started with 1st playoff game we faced 4th seed but they ended up with a bronze goalie cause "thats all they could find" so of course they blanked us and we lost in shoot outs. Then we played for 3rd place but we said **** it and just had a good time and lost. Yea just a good time

Well now im signed up and ended up being Captain so itll be interesting lulz. Everyone knows we gonna get blown... Out ever game but we just wanna have a bit of fun and try something more challenging.

we got jerseys made they coming in soon ill throw a picture of it once i get em but heres a mock up for laughter.

Last edited by xLAxKingsx; June 30th, 2017 at 12:21 PM.

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

update we are 0-5 in copper lol. But! I dont feel weve been out played only 1 team blew us out 9-1 and its a team that being forced out of copper this season. All others have been a 1 goal or 2 loss. I also dont feel like ive been outplayed myself. Of course there is some fast skaters and good players but my contributions to the team arent detrimental. So im happy hoping we get a W soon.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2207 Post(s)

update we are 0-5 in copper lol. But! I dont feel weve been out played only 1 team blew us out 9-1 and its a team that being forced out of copper this season. All others have been a 1 goal or 2 loss. I also dont feel like ive been outplayed myself. Of course there is some fast skaters and good players but my contributions to the team arent detrimental. So im happy hoping we get a W soon.
    you'll get a win soon. I'll bet you've noticed you're all playing better, and, as I've mentioned before, since people play their positions better, you don't have to be scrambling around the ice as much chasing "your guy". My coed team is probably going to get forced to the next level next season, and you should have seen us a year ago.....it was like the 3 Stooges on ice our first few games even though everyone was a pretty good skater already. Now we are kicking butt in our bright yellow jerseys! The other teams fear our yellowness!!

GO KINGS GO!!!

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    you'll get a win soon. I'll bet you've noticed you're all playing better, and, as I've mentioned before, since people play their positions better, you don't have to be scrambling around the ice as much chasing "your guy". My coed team is probably going to get forced to the next level next season, and you should have seen us a year ago.....it was like the 3 Stooges on ice our first few games even though everyone was a pretty good skater already. Now we are kicking butt in our bright yellow jerseys! The other teams fear our yellowness!!
    You are right about playing better. Some of the teams are great and we play hard change shifts every 1-1.5min play our correct position and everything. We even wonder how the **** we lost any games during rookie season lol. Yellow is nice know why? cause its rare for another team to have it! Sunday we played a team with black jerseys and **** was that a bad time.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3031 Post(s)

So my first game back from vacation and its with my team of college kids home for the summer. The team we're going against has a bunch of guys that play in the "B" division so I know this is going to be a tilt. They go up 5-0 on us pretty quick and I'm like uh oh. We've had the puck so even though the scoreboard shows us getting hammered the play is even. Still in the first theres a bang bang play behind the net and my teammate and I both step out from back behind the net opposite sides for an easy bang home play. Hooray I've scored a legit goal! That sparked a comeback and entering the third the game is 6-5 they are still up but the game is both picking up and falling apart at the same time since guys are going 100% but both getting tired and its obvious nobody is playing team play on either side. Just back and forth pickup. That was a bad call on our part as they potted 3 more to put it away but it was a really fun game.
    Next week we get to play a team that we played last week when I was out. Seems there were some shenanigans and a bit of a line brawl. So to counteract it there's a preplanned beers in the parking lot so we can hug it out. Should be a fun time.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3031 Post(s)

Hey you are the captain, believe me that's contribution enough in beer league.

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Hey you are the captain, believe me that's contribution enough in beer league.
    Half way thru chasing everyone to pay to pick colors and jersey logo plus getting the **** ordered paid for and made i wanted to quit. Lol ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkk that! good thing everyone wants to keep playing together so next season its just paying no more logos and ****.
    Last edited by xLAxKingsx; July 27th, 2017 at 03:29 PM.