Images
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Smokey View Post
    My ice team, Fri-Sat-occasional Sunday at Lakewood will be looking for players starting next year. I think it starts in February. We are one of the Bronze divisons (The Keagles)... so we have beginners and silver players in our division. We are ok and its not life and death for us, more about fun and getting better. If anyone is interested, let me know.
    @King Smokey i tried PM'ing you but your inbox is full. was interested in seeing if you guys needed a skater for this new season at Lakewood.

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)

2 game win streak now 2-11 4 more games to go.

Selke Smooth
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1243 Post(s)
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

User formerly known as

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)

Taking this season off. Got burned out wasnt fun anymore. Ive been occupied with my new toy (motorcycle) but ive started to miss it again.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xLAxKingsx View Post
    Taking this season off. Got burned out wasnt fun anymore. Ive been occupied with my new toy (motorcycle) but ive started to miss it again.
    Ironic that you just posted this. I was missing it since I haven't played in almost two seasons. I emailed the league director last season and he gave my name to some captains. On Friday night a captain hit me up at 7pm to play in a game at 9pm...which I cordially declined, but said I was open to play with them for the season. The games are Fridays and Saturdays at 9:10pm and 10:30pm. Over the last couple of days the reality set in for me of not wanting to play at those awful times (even though they were on the weekend) and I literally just texted the captain a few minutes ago saying that I won't be able to commit to a full season. While it is fun (for the most part) once you are there, I just have a hard time these days digesting the cost of the league ($350) plus that lame annual USA Hockey fee which is what, $45 or so these days? That thing always creeps up a few bucks a season as well.

As much as I do miss playing, I don't miss the cost, I don't miss the late game times, I don't miss the a'hole game 7 stanley cup players on the other teams. Like @xLAxKingsx said, it stopped being fun. Having that late game linger in your head all day the day of the game sucked, I wasn't excited to go play and it became more of a chore to go do. The last few seasons I played I had gone into them with the mindset of not letting **** get to me out there, but usually about halfway through the season I start to slip and I get pissed off at the stick work in front of the net and all the other crap that goes on. I can think of far better things to spend $400 or so on rather than crappy beer league hockey game times and poorly ran leagues with ringers in abundance no matter what rink you play at.

Man, that was cathartic!

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)

@beedee Its gonne be ok.

But you got my feelings down to a T. Except our fees avg $520 last season team dicked around helping find replacements and we got tacked on another $500 so now we owed $1500. Had 3 players quit after paying their fee so in the end i had to spread 1500 across only 8 players. I said **** it im not paying this and took the 1 year ban at Rinks Anaheim. Rinks didnt notify us of fee just said **** you and tacked it on cause we didnt pay in time.

I put the D in RICHARSON
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

This is why I play roller. $150 season fee!

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3267 Post(s)

I'm taking the summer off myself. Looking to find a drop in thats friendly at this point. The game times are killing me. I like my locker room and my league. Hell my team got invited to spend money on a Toronto tournament. I'd rather do the fantasy camp and some lunch drop in.

Win it again..for Tanner!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    456 Post(s)

that's why private pickup is so much better. better times, no game 7 heroes, good times and beer.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2546 Post(s)

well, D7 4-on-4 at Pano has been "evened out" very nicely....they got rid of all the players who also play 3 levels up. My team has played all 4 of the other teams now, and we're 1-0-3 (ties go straight to a 4 round shootout).

Also...can I just mention that the group chat for a mostly men's team is vastly different from an all-women's team group chat. All women = a bunch of emojis that I can't understand and mostly "you can do it" type text. Dudes=making fun of each other's "manhood", we're gonna kick the other team's ass, and old age jokes. So much more fun.

(I had to drop one of my teams for the summer due to time constraints....I chose the "mostly dudes" over the women)

GO KINGS GO!!!