Have Heart
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luc SkyBomba View Post
    Oh man, I have a feeling this might happen to my team. Our captain is stepping down because of work constraints and the jackass that calls everyone out but doesn't actually do anything useful volunteered to be the new captain.

Also nice creepy pic... I'm sure she's a nice girl though.
    Man this guy was exactly like that he played defense and from all the talking i thought he was gonna be a superstar but he's just wow tripped over the blue line and swung his stick like it was a broom.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1058 Post(s)

Nice job on the goals and even better job in calling the dumbass out.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1058 Post(s)

Oh yeah, I didn't feel like playing on Sunday night at 8:40pm, so I didn't go to my game.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2136 Post(s)

well, my coed team lost our playoff semi-final game 3-2 in OT tonight. We put up a great fight against the team we could never beat all season. A bad penalty at the end of the game killed us.

My women's team, which was #1 for our whole 8 game season, lost in the first round of playoffs, AND we managed to lose our consolation game even though we had 6 skaters and the other team only had 4 for half the game until their 5th showed up. (We play 4 on 4 on a small ice surface). Women's team starts back up on Sunday. I've gotta step up my goal-scoring even though I'm playing D. The other teams improved tremendously from the first few games.

GO KINGS GO!!!

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1058 Post(s)

Played for the first time in 3.5 weeks, or maybe it was a month last night! We had a bye last week, and i missed the two previous games just because. 7-2 victory for us last night!

It felt great to be back out there and what felt even more nice was the fact our game was at 6:40pm, yes, you heard that right, 6:40pm!!! Our team played probably the best it ever has, our passing was really well, and people seemed to gel like they had been playing together for years. Its so weird how that happens, its not like we practice or have a "system" or set plays...yet the puck movement was outstanding. Most of the team was there, we had 11 players, so two lines of D three sets of wings and two centers....I think that equals 11?

No goals for me but a plethora of shots from the point yielded me three assists on redirects from our forwards in front of the net. It was really fun letting those snappers and clappers fly almost at will. The score board showed we had 58 shots on goal, yes, 58!?!? The other team was a good group, no d'bags or anyone that was playing for game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, so that was cool. They had one ringer that turned me inside out in our zone, I was mad at myself for getting caught watching the puck instead of his chest. I didn't let that happen again though, and played him with a bit more separation and kept him to the outside from then on out.

I think we have 3 more regular season games then the playoffs start. Pretty sure we are sitting in 2nd place right now.

I put the D in RICHARSON
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    402 Post(s)

Wow so back to what xLAxKingsx was saying about the new guy writing down lines and stuff... Our first game was on Friday and the new Cap is already annoying me. In the email he sent about who is on our roster, I counted three defensemen out of eleven players.

So I ask... "Nice lineup, who is going to be on D with us?"

He replies with "We will do ok with defensemen. We have a pretty versatile team and a full roster so we will be able to rotate people around if needed on D."

Awesome, doesn't answer my question though. Then we get to the game on Friday. Who else is going to be on D? /crickets

Well apparently the cap had a little paper on who he thought would play D and of course those people didn't want to be on D. At least someone else stepped up and volunteered. Would be nice to get some actual defensemen on this team though.

There's more but I need coffee. Gameplay-wise though, I at least got to "McNabb" an old teammate into the boards.
    Last edited by Luc SkyBomba; April 25th, 2017 at 10:25 AM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    659 Post(s)

We're all done with our regular season and are at the top of the table right now. We are guaranteed playoffs but do not have first place locked up, because the 4 teams below us all have a game in hand. First place gets an automatic ride into the best 2 out of 3 finals.

Next week should be extremely interesting for the 4 remaining teams! The next 3 teams beneath us are playing for 2 remaining playoff spots. Any combination is possible. Team in second place is the only one who can overtake us for first place. If I don't have to work the weekend, I'm considering going to the rink to see how it plays out.

The most interesting scenario is if the third place team beats the fifth place team in the first match. That will clinch a playoff spot for them, but it will mean that the second place team and the fourth place team will play the next game under extreme pressure, where if either team loses in regulation, they are out of the playoffs.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    659 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luc SkyBomba View Post
    Wow so back to what xLAxKingsx was saying about the new guy writing down lines and stuff... Our first game was on Friday and the new Cap is already annoying me. In the email he sent about who is on our roster, I counted three defensemen out of eleven players.

So I ask... "Nice lineup, who is going to be on D with us?"

He replies with "We will do ok with defensemen. We have a pretty versatile team and a full roster so we will be able to rotate people around if needed on D."

Awesome, doesn't answer my question though. Then we get to the game on Friday. Who else is going to be on D? /crickets

Well apparently the cap had a little paper on who he thought would play D and of course those people didn't want to be on D. At least someone else stepped up and volunteered. Would be nice to get some actual defensemen on this team though.

There's more but I need coffee. Gameplay-wise though, I at least got to "McNabb" an old teammate into the boards.

Rotate 3 D and let the 8 forwards fight for skating time if nobody wants to step up and drop back.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1058 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    We're all done with our regular season and are at the top of the table right now. We are guaranteed playoffs but do not have first place locked up, because the 4 teams below us all have a game in hand. First place gets an automatic ride into the best 2 out of 3 finals.

Next week should be extremely interesting for the 4 remaining teams! The next 3 teams beneath us are playing for 2 remaining playoff spots. Any combination is possible. Team in second place is the only one who can overtake us for first place. If I don't have to work the weekend, I'm considering going to the rink to see how it plays out.

The most interesting scenario is if the third place team beats the fifth place team in the first match. That will clinch a playoff spot for them, but it will mean that the second place team and the fourth place team will play the next game under extreme pressure, where if either team loses in regulation, they are out of the playoffs.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    659 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Hahaha! Yeah, there are so many scenarios for which two of the three teams get in that I tried to be specific. The bottom line, though is that the second game will essentially be a win-and-in game for both teams.