Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ludwig View Post
    The biggest one is how did Bobby Flay EVER get a series of his own...let alone all the others... I STILL blame him for killing the Japanese version of Iron Chef...with his constant whining...
    Flay holds the Food Network record for most shows, clocking in with well over 60 different shows over the years. Imagine 60 shows!

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Flay holds the Food Network record for most shows, clocking in with well over 60 different shows over the years. Imagine 60 shows!
    I still want to know he had ONE...let alone 60...

Gross Impressions
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Meh...Flay is a hack. If he accompanies one more dish with mango ****ing salsa, I'm gonna throw my TV through the wall.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jccawdrey View Post
    Chopped, cutting to a commercial BEFORE the reveal, plus two of the male judges are a$$ holes, but the host Ted Allen is a little springy for me
    Tyler Florence..."Funtastic...
    Ina Garten, "how easy was that...?"
    I love Bobby Flay and Giada, but Elton Brown, well he's Elton Brown.
    And if I see one more Iron Chef sweat in his food, uggg
    Actually, he's Alton Brown, and of all the hosts, he's by far my favorite. From the Monty Python references to the fact that he did the animated skit where he fought Sterling Archer, his taste in comedy is very similar to my own. Sure, the show is campy, but the science behind food is fascinating.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    Actually, he's Alton Brown, and of all the hosts, he's by far my favorite. From the Monty Python references to the fact that he did the animated skit where he fought Sterling Archer, his taste in comedy is very similar to my own. Sure, the show is campy, but the science behind food is fascinating.
    Still remember his guesting on Mythbusters to help them cook a thanksgiving dinner off the heat from inside the engine compartment of the car they drove.
    "Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

Now Rachael Ray's pushing her cat food... Her cooking isn't fit for human consumption let alone a cat's...

A neighbor bought a bag and her cats didn't like it and she gave the rest of it to me... Both of my cats tried to bury it...and they refused to go anywhere near that bowl...even after I threw it out and replaced it with their favorite dry food)...until I washed out the dry cat food bowl... If that isn't a snub hall of fame moment...I don't know what is...

\_(ツ)_/
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    783 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    I love Alton Brown. You can learn more about cooking and food in one episode of Good Eats than you can in Flay's and Ray's entire combined oeuvre.

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    503 Post(s)

There are some chefs that started out as sort of a lightweight and wind up two Twinkies shy of a metric ton after ten years...

Emeril comes to mind here...