Thread: how shady is the NFL ?

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

as a off the cuff social experiment, I have posted this and and a few thoughts on patterns and coincidences on a few sites .

very few people want to believe its remotely possible and get downright defensive and insulting in the process LOL. I've been banned from 4 sites already LOL.
    frankly, There is no doubt in my mind and I know for a fact the games are manipulated and staged but I'll still watch to see what the story line is that develops. I'm the new breed of sports fan. I know its entertainment and that ultimately all the stats are useless.
    I still hate white trash wrestling LOL but I guess I cant make that much fun of them anymore.
    But I'd rather be around sports fans than people who don't like sports at all.
    I like football helmets and the aesthetics of the game. But I now know reading what Peter King has to say about anything is useless and just what the league told him to write.

Want Cup
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davethehammer View Post
    as a off the cuff social experiment, I have posted this and and a few thoughts on patterns and coincidences on a few sites .

very few people want to believe its remotely possible and get downright defensive and insulting in the process LOL. I've been banned from 4 sites already LOL.
    frankly, There is no doubt in my mind and I know for a fact the games are manipulated and staged but I'll still watch to see what the story line is that develops. I'm the new breed of sports fan. I know its entertainment and that ultimately all the stats are useless.
    I still hate white trash wrestling LOL but I guess I cant make that much fun of them anymore.
    But I'd rather be around sports fans than people who don't like sports at all.
    I like football helmets and the aesthetics of the game. But I now know reading what Peter King has to say about anything is useless and just what the league told him to write.
    Or maybe you care a little too much about football.

Hit it like a baby seal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    773 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by empire View Post
    I still do not understand how the NFL keeps it's Non-Profit status.

All that money and not a dime in taxes.

And the commissioner only makes 29 mil a year.....

The NFL is Really Considered a Non-Profit? – New Day - CNN.com Blogs
    The TEAMS don't pay taxes. And there's no reason for them to. Almost all revenue goes back into the team by way of marketing, administrative salaries, player salaries, etc. And all those people pay taxes on the money they get. It's not like the government isn't seeing their share or something.

Why do people think it shouldn't be a non-profit?

Also, the games are orchestrated? Ok. If you believe that, great. You're wrong, but roll with it. Literally doesn't change anything.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zebehm View Post
    Or maybe you care a little too much about football.
    I don't understand?

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    The TEAMS don't pay taxes. And there's no reason for them to. Almost all revenue goes back into the team by way of marketing, administrative salaries, player salaries, etc. And all those people pay taxes on the money they get. It's not like the government isn't seeing their share or something.

Why do people think it shouldn't be a non-profit?

Also, the games are orchestrated? Ok. If you believe that, great. You're wrong, but roll with it. Literally doesn't change anything.
    nope I aint wrong.

you are saying you believe every fantastic finish every week and every year ? you believe a back up QB can throw only 47 passes one year and yet still lead a team to a great playoff win throwing the ball all over the place in one fantastic 3rd quarter ? no, that was obviously manipulated and any intelligent adult cant come up with any other conclusion.

Bring on Vancouver!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1198 Post(s)

nope I aint wrong.

you are saying you believe every fantastic finish every week and every year ? you believe a back up QB can throw only 47 passes one year and yet still lead a team to a great playoff win throwing the ball all over the place in one fantastic 3rd quarter ? no, that was obviously manipulated and any intelligent adult cant come up with any other conclusion.
    Were the Miracle on Manchester and Frenzy on Figueroa fixes? How does a team so hopeless early in the game find so many goals in a short period of time to win it?

What about the entire 2012 postseason? How does a team with one of the most anemic offenses in the NHL suddenly score 3+ goals a game and start off every series 3-0?

Richards and Carter coming back from down 0-3 again? Suuuuure.....

By your logic, "any intelligent adult" should chalk up any fantastic finish across all sports as a fix. If this is true, why do you even watch sports? Just to see the lolz that the writers came up with this year?

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USCKingsFan31 View Post
    Were the Miracle on Manchester and Frenzy on Figueroa fixes? How does a team so hopeless early in the game find so many goals in a short period of time to win it?

What about the entire 2012 postseason? How does a team with one of the most anemic offenses in the NHL suddenly score 3+ goals a game and start off every series 3-0?

Richards and Carter coming back from down 0-3 again? Suuuuure.....

By your logic, "any intelligent adult" should chalk up any fantastic finish across all sports as a fix. If this is true, why do you even watch sports? Just to see the lolz that the writers came up with this year?

you need to think long and hard about what you just said and maybe rewatch the games. I'M not concerned with other sports right now. I simply know how the NFL does it. You need to understand that if a league and a network can stretch something to 7 games for more profit they definitely will.

sports aren't classified as sports by law. They are classified as tv shows (football is ). they can make any outcome they want.

This one's even more mind-boggling. Now here's my thinking: what if - and this is a big "what if" - what if the NHL was able to embed something metallic into a puck while magnetizing the goal? Couldn't the league then perhaps control a game, repelling an unwanted goal while also being able to pull one in? Far-fetched, I know, but completely crazy?

Bring on Vancouver!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1198 Post(s)

you need to think long and hard about what you just said and maybe rewatch the games. I'M not concerned with other sports right now. I simply know how the NFL does it. You need to understand that if a league and a network can stretch something to 7 games for more profit they definitely will.

sports aren't classified as sports by law. They are classified as tv shows (football is ). they can make any outcome they want.
    I'm confused... you do or don't think other sports are fixed? I'm guessing by the videos you posted that you think those are both examples of fixes. Why "aren't you concerned" with others, only the NFL?

I for one think it is amazing that no former player, ref, executive has EVER come out and blown the whistle on this whole operation.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

I'm confused... you do or don't think other sports are fixed? I'm guessing by the videos you posted that you think those are both examples of fixes. Why "aren't you concerned" with others, only the NFL?

I for one think it is amazing that no former player, ref, executive has EVER come out and blown the whistle on this whole operation.
    I know specifically how the NFL does it so i'll comment on it.
    how is it amazing ? employees make thousands to millions of dollars and do what their employer tells them. Nothing wrong with that.
    the whistle has been blown but people are so dumb they think theres no proof unless its in court and a player says something. Anyone who writes an extensive book is laughed at. People are illiterate and have no common sense or deductive reasoning. AT Least half the country anyway. The other half likes football.

The following was sent to me by a fan. It was taken from "Long Island's Own Newspaper" Newsday dated December 8, 1978, and was attributed to Peter Gent, member of the Dallas Cowboys from 1964-68, and author of the great book North Dallas Forty:

"For there should be a fundamental difference between professional and amateur sports that goes beyond the technical distinction of whether athletes make money from their sport. I learned the difference at the end of training camp my rookie year with the Dallas Cowboys. Management called a meeting to explain the responsibilities of being a professional football player. The man to give the best advice was the team's public relations director. He told us: "Boys, this is show business." With these words in mind, nothing about professional sports, even Howard Cosell, is mystifying. Professional athletes are first and foremost show business, dealing in illusion and entertainment. The first responsibility of the players is to the audience, not themselves. If the audience wants winners, that is what is given. If it wants losers, that also it will get. The principle is the same for midget wrestling and the National Football League."

Hit it like a baby seal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    773 Post(s)

He's just better than us folks without his intellect. The several thousand players are all in on it. Especially the ones that go bankrupt a couple of years after they leave. They don't want to expose the system that made them so wealthy. Wait...hold on. That didn't add up.

Then again, most conspiracies never do.

Also, to answer your question, yes. I believe all those comebacks and fantastic finishes. Know why? Because of the hundreds of other completely regular and common ones that you ignore. Also, because there's zero way to suddenly be able to act after competing at a top level for twenty years. You actually believe that they get to the nfl and they're told in training camps that they have to make it up now? That's supremely laughable.