Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The world is f-ed up and pretty sick right now.

Waiver Wire Pick-up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

There is not really a difference in the world today other than the media coverage. Because we have access to a lot more information due to media as well as the Internet these things get publicized more. Human beings have been carrying out brutalities against one another since our inception, and all these things will likely continue for the foreseeable future.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1989 Post(s)

I blame Political Correctness. I liked it better when people had nuggets.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1329 Post(s)

7000000000 people on earth. bound to be few *******s.

Santi is right. Humanity is ****ing paradise compared to 100, 200, 1000 years ago. The very idea of personal property, much less freedom is brand new relatively speaking.

Show me your hands..now!
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    881 Post(s)

I'm going to temporarily fix my world for the next three days. Headed to vegas

Part IV. A new begining..
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    464 Post(s)

We're just all at different levels of civility.

Even here at home in the US, some have not risen to their full capability.

Or maybe they have.

Bar room hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Look I'm not naive.

I realize that a-holes doing horrible things to each other throughout human history. And yes, we here in the civilized world have it pretty good, actually it is fantastic if you compare our lives to those of a just a couple hundred years ago. Of course it is true that with media today and the "if it bleeds it leads" culture we hear about stuff quicker and more often.

All of that is true.

But it just seems to me that in the past few years the a-holes have kicked it up a notch and have become even more f-ed up and sick. It seems us civilized folks have advanced while the sick a-holes have regressed.

These ISIS guys, they are savvy enough to use the internet, face book and twitter but they have a barbaric medieval mentality. They revel in sickness. I did not see the video of the reporter getting killed, I never want to, but it is reported they killed him with a small knife and basically sawed off his head. I know dead is dead but they could have done it in a more "civilized" manner. They misplaced their guns? Ah, but they are devout Muslims who want to do things the "old way". I have a lot of history books and one I have is called "Lord High Executioner" and as you might guess it is about executions. The "old way" to execute someone in the Islamic world was for a skilled swordsman to use a long blade and behead the condemned in one swift swing of the blade. It was supposed to swift, instant, no torture or cruel behavior was supposed to take place. But these guys want be as f-ed up as possible and then put it up on the net.

Another example, the drug trade has always been brutal but up until recently I never remember the cartels in Mexico killing their rivals by cutting off their heads with chainsaws or killing such large groups of people at a time, intentionally murdering innocents simply to send a message.

It just seems to be that the sick and f-ed up people have become more sick and f-ed up in recent years, they have sunk to even lower levels of depravity, they have become more brutal.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1989 Post(s)

those savages are not people. They hide behind masks, have some nuggets and show yourself if you are going on film.

All Star
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    518 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Provisional View Post
    It just seems to be that the sick and f-ed up people have become more sick and f-ed up in recent years, they have sunk to even lower levels of depravity, they have become more brutal.
    It does seem like it, and my gut reaction is to agree with you, however if you take a step back and look - things are just as f-ed up as they've always been.

20 years ago (can't believe it has been that long) almost 1 million people in Rwanda were murdered, mostly with machetes and other similar incidents and all in something like 3-4 months. If you add all the deaths we're seeing worldwide right now, I don't know that it's would even compare to 1 million people.

Before that you had Croatia, Apartheid, car bombings in Ireland, Pol Pot, etc. and those are just off the top of my head.

People just suck.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1329 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Provisional View Post
    But it just seems to me that in the past few years the a-holes have kicked it up a notch and have become even more f-ed up and sick. It seems us civilized folks have advanced while the sick a-holes have regressed.
    More likely stayed the same.
    Or they are just media savvy enough to know one spectacular death is more effective and safer than killing trained and armed men.
    Terrorism has been a tactic for a long time. It's just easier when both sides are invested in keeping their population scared.

33,000 Americans die in automobile related accidents every year.
    16,000 Homicides (11k by gun) each year
    If terrorists killed that many, countries would be getting nuked.

2nd Scoring Line
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)

Not trying to defend people like ISIS or the drug cartels, but it's pretty easy for us to sit on the couch and point the finger at people or a person and say that is the monster without fully understanding the complexity of the situation.

The world is not as black and white as CNN or Fox News paints it to be.