Click Here!

Thread: All Things:WESTERNS

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar

Default All Things:WESTERNS

Peter Dinklage to Star as "Shorty" in The Thicket

Dinklage’s character is called “Shorty” and on first glance bears more than a passing resemblance to his character Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones (at least how Tyrion behaved in the beginning of the first season).
    Here’s the official synopsis:
    THE THICKET has been hailed as one of the best American crime novels to emerge in recent years. Set in tough, turbulent and feral East Texas in the early 20th century, this dark thriller follows the story of Jack, an innocent young man, who goes on an epic quest to rescue his sister after she has been kidnapped by a violent killer, Cut Throat Bill, and his gang. Jack enlists the help of a crafty bounty hunter named Shorty (Dinklage), a grave-digging alcoholic son of an ex-slave, and a street-smart prostitute. Together they track the girl into the deadly no-man’s land known as The Big Thicket – a place where blood and chaos reign.
    Dinklage himself says the project is, “completely original. The characters and the world they inhabit jumped from the pages for me in such a cinematic way.” To me this sounds like a pulpier version of a Cormac McCarthy novel, something I can totally get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    ****, I got to read that book still. How is Lansdale so damn prolific while still being so damn good?

Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    ****, I got to read that book still. How is Lansdale so damn prolific while still being so damn good?
    He has a room full of chimps chained to typewriters. Really really good chimps. Dawn of the planet of the Apes types even.

First look: Kurt Russell saddles up in 'Bone Tomahawk'

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/11/0...bone-tomahawk/

Written and directed by first-time filmmaker S. Craig Zahler, the movie stars Russell as a sheriff who—together with characters played by Patrick Wilson, Matthew Fox, and Richard Jenkins—sets out to rescue a group of captives from a band of cannibalistic troglodytes. The cast of Bone Tomahawk also boasts True Detective actress Lili Simmons, David Arquette, Fred Melamed, and Sean Young, among others.
    Not that I am complaining, but it sounds a wee bit close to The Burrowers, which was a western with cannibal creature overtones.

Home Invasion Western ‘The Keeping Room’ Nabbed By Drafthouse
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/indie/3...ed-drafthouse/