Default Steak n Shake coming to 3rd Street Promenade!

This is the greatest day ever! Just found out a Steak n' Shake is coming soon to the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica! and this article states more may be coming to the LA area soon. Steak 'n Shake's Third Street Promenade Plywood Up - Eater LA
    If you know what Steak n' Shake is, you are now totally excited. if not, wait till the crowds die down and then go try it. Not just a burger place. Sit down diner-style food at reasonable prices. My favorite is the chili mac. It is not what you'd expect chili mac to be. But I love it. And they also have great milkshakes.
    Jazz Hands!

I wish I had known about this place. Not only is there one at South Pointe H&C in Vegas, which I stopped at before I checked in to my hotel, there's also one in Victorville right off the 15, which would have been good on the trip home. Their menu looks good, and cheap.

Classic player
    Images

I was introduced to Steak N Shake when I lived in St. Louis in 1971. Loved the burgers and shakes ever since. It's always a great night out on the road when we have Steak N Shake on the bus for after show food.

Would that be where the Yankee Doodles burned down?

We OLIVE for Kings Hockey
    Images

Default Steak n Shake coming to 3rd Street Promenade!

I first had it when I lived in Indiana for 6 months. I missed it when I moved back to CA. Then found the one in Vegas at South Pointe. I like their shakes mostly. The burgers are decent. Good to hear they're in CA now.

Quote Originally Posted by job View Post
    Would that be where the Yankee Doodles burned down?
    yankee doodles burned down????? that was the first place i ever ate at down there... like 15+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    yankee doodles burned down????? that was the first place i ever ate at down there... like 15+ years ago.
    Yup...in late 2013. I remember vividly because I had a live event scheduled to be broadcast from there and it burned down 1 week before showtime. I had to bust my ass to relocate the whole shabang to a venue in SF.

http://www.surfsantamonica.com/ssm_s...ches_Fire.html

So basically the LBC location closed a while ago and SM location burned in 2013...no more Yankee Doodles. I have lots of good memories in both, including winning many a dart tourney in the LBC location.
    Last edited by job; January 9th, 2015 at 11:31 AM.

By the way, the Santa Monica Steak n' Shake does not have the full menu. I have not even been there yet because they do not have my favorite thing, the chili mac.

I will be in Illinois in February and will get my Steak n' Shake fix then.
    Jazz Hands!