Click Here!

Thread: And we're puttin it on wax... it's the new vinyl thread!

Thumbs up And we're puttin it on wax... it's the new vinyl thread!

did we lose the old one? I wanted to post the new Slipknot in it but couldn't find it...

I like vinyl threads since they allow me to enjoy vinyl collections vicariously.

I just got a vintage amp and pre-amp and hooked up the turntable. It's 7 am and I'm going to a few garage sales to try and feed it. I think I may be having a midlife crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinkrat View Post
    I just got a vintage amp and pre-amp and hooked up the turntable. It's 7 am and I'm going to a few garage sales to try and feed it. I think I may be having a midlife crisis.
    not this sunday, but next sunday hit up the PCC swap meet. the top floor of the parking lot is pretty much all vinyl!

Been hitting a few garage sales but not a lot out there. I'll get lucky eventually

I've been looking at a budget turntable to start playing the few records I have picked up from the thrift stores (47c for a collection of Henry Mancini conducting Oscar winners, 95c for a Don Ho live album and 95c for a Doc Severinsen album from 72). From what I have read it sounds like the suitcase models are not a good option, the Audio Technica AT-LP60 seems to get rave reviews and for $100 seems reasonable.

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT-LP60-Automatic-Driven-Turntable/dp/B002GYTPAE/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t/181-1320955-9287565

Growing up we had a nice Sansui receiver, turntable and 4 speakers, quarter turn was enough to have the walls rumbling. Also had those HUGE headphones with the large phono jack connectors. Dad still has the speakers 40+ years later, the receiver sadly died a while back.

Here is my new turntable, a mid 70s Montgomery Ward model with 8 track player built by BSR in the UK. Also came with two speakers, one of which doesn't output much sound unless I crank it up. The speakers connect via RCA connectors instead of the leads plugging into + and -. Not bad for $25 and seems to run very well.

nice! i'm on the hunt for a vintage table for a friend. i told her, "whatever you do, do not buy a crosley!"

Do NOT buy a cheap turntable...or more importantly needle. You will ruin your records.