1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    281 Post(s)

Superb write up on Towns:

"...It was well known that Towns had skills beyond what he showed at Kentucky, particularly a solid outside shot, but when video of a recent workout hit the web showing him effortlessly draining NBA threes, dribbling through his legs, and dunking like the rim insulted his mother .... well, everyone went a little crazy.

Bigs aren't supposed to be able to do the things he can do. Off-the-dribble, step-back threes from a guy who is seven feet tall and a historically great defensive player at the college level? Ridiculous. Overnight, Towns went from being considered a fantastic prospect to the next Anthony Davis-level superstar...."

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2...kafor-nba-2015

Hit it like a baby seal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    778 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
    Russell's stock is rising. He is now in the discussion for the pick. I just don't watch enough college ball to say for sure who to pick if Towns is gone. There are good FA options at guard and forward so it doesn't matter what you draft the other position can be filled via free agency.

I would say hell no to Rondo but it depends on who they draft. If it's a center or forward I might do it for 1 year. The guy is a locker room cancer but as you say he is a pass first guy and Kobe would love that. They can both piss off together after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    Rondo can still pass, but he's not good on defense anymore. His shooting is atrocious. He's 31.4% from the 3 and an impossibly bad 39.7% from the free throw line. He's not the answer.
    Yeah I pray they don't sign Rondo. There is nothing good that will come of that. Even for one year. It's just a waste of money and development for the young players. I'd rather they bring back Derek Fisher for a year and give him 10 million.

I think the pick is going to come down to who has the best workouts and what sort of style they want to play. If you want a guard that's got a playstyle like John Wall, you get Russell. He's got great vision, he's big, and he's got a decent shot. He's not as athletic as Mudiay, but he's a more prepared player. You want ceiling, you go with Mudiay. You want a low-post offensive player that doesn't quite have the skill to protect the rim, you get Okafor.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3432 Post(s)

I don't know why but I'm starting to warm up more and more to Okafor as he works out for the Lakers.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Hit it like a baby seal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    778 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I don't know why but I'm starting to warm up more and more to Okafor as he works out for the Lakers.
    I think it's what he says and the fact that a lot of us are presuming he's going to be the guy they pick. He's certainly going to be a good player so it's hard to be upset about getting him.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    281 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    According to Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated, Okafor being drafted to the Lakers appears to be a foregone conclusion:

The Lakers are going through the motions with other draft prospects—D’Angelo Russell and Emmanuel Mudiay have been in for workouts—but multiple league sources say L.A. is locked in on Okafor. Despite being overtaken by Towns, scouts still see Okafor as a franchise center—one with an enormous upside.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    Rondo can still pass, but he's not good on defense anymore. His shooting is atrocious. He's 31.4% from the 3 and an impossibly bad 39.7% from the free throw line. He's not the answer.
    Wow, I didn't realize he's a horrible FT shooter as well. His 3PT % is pretty bad but actually I think Kobe was right around that mark this past season.

The point here is that Rondo will NOT be shooting much - he will be passing the ball to Kobe so he can shoot a high volume. Rondo looks good on the assists, Kobe looks good on the points. Fans LOVE it when Kobe scores! Also read something very recently about Kobe & Rondo doing a little movie trailer together (or something like that). Will be really surprised if Rondo doesn't land in LA.

Hit it like a baby seal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    778 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kings7 View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize he's a horrible FT shooter as well. His 3PT % is pretty bad but actually I think Kobe was right around that mark this past season.

The point here is that Rondo will NOT be shooting much - he will be passing the ball to Kobe so he can shoot a high volume. Rondo looks good on the assists, Kobe looks good on the points. Fans LOVE it when Kobe scores! Also read something very recently about Kobe & Rondo doing a little movie trailer together (or something like that). Will be really surprised if Rondo doesn't land in LA.
    Honestly I'll be shocked if Kobe plays more than 50 games this year. There's a reason he's played like 40 over the past three years and it ain't bad luck. I fully expect his knee to go out this year at some point. He's broken. If the Lakers sign Rondo to anything more than a 1 year deal, Jim Buss is going to be turning in a letter of resignation. This year should be about Clarkson, Randle, and whoever they go with at #2 with Kobe helping them work in practice and playing about 20 minutes a game. It won't be, but it should be. It's time to let the future start.