Click Here!

Thread: Concerts 2k14?

Thumbs up Concerts 2k14?

another evaporated thread?

damn i went to Priest last night at the Nokia theater \m/ Steel Panther opened. They're f'in hilarious. Priest was f'in metal

Quote Originally Posted by Luc SkyBomba View Post
    Steel Panther opened. They're f'in hilarious.
    but my **** is community property...

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    but my **** is community property...
    my heart belongs to LGK!

First off...The Orpheum is terrific. Old, but kept nicely...every seat pretty damned good. And OLD SCHOOL rules in effect. Folks dancing politely in the aisles while passing tremendous Chong-sized heaters...just lovely. Brought back childhood memories.
    Cheers to LetTigerIn...one of the good guys, always a pleasure to see him.
    What a terrific show, seriously. I have never been a fan of bands like Rush or Satriani and their ilk, but this show, while comparable, was the exception. The lights, the 'communal fragrances', combined with the most amazing musicianship...breathtaking. I have always loved watching Claypool play. I hate the ease at which he does it, but the sounds he coerces out of his instrument...mind blowing. I don't venture out to shows much anymore, but this was worth it and I would do it again. Primus sucks! Indeed!

Priest was F'in Metal!!!! Kinda missed KK, but his replacement did kick some serious booty!

Didn't waste my time with the opener. I'm still shell shocked from all the spandex and hair spray from the 80's.

Aw, haven't checked in for a while. Shame the other thread got zapped. Who wants to make a new one for 2k15? Luc?

2014 was a terrific year for shows. I finished out by seeing A Winged Victory for the Sullen at the Masonic Lodge. Fantastic and ethereal music. Incredibly difficult to name a top show for the year. Even a top 3 would be hard. But standouts are Neil Young at the Dolby, Tool at Cox Arena, and Nick Cave at the Shrine. Honorable mention to Black Sabbath at the Bowl and Slowdive at FYF.

For next year, I already have This Will Destroy You at the Roxy and Barry Manilow at Staples. My SO loves Barry. It's her Xmas gift!

yeah we'll get 2k15 up soon!

anyone going to skinny puppy tonight? i know a lot of people that wanted to go for VNV Nation, which is understandable, but since they dropped out of the tour my friends don't wanna go now. i couldn't convince them that the puppy is worth the price of admission i guess. as for myself, the wife is working tonight so i can't make it anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Aw, haven't checked in for a while. Shame the other thread got zapped. Who wants to make a new one for 2k15? Luc?

2014 was a terrific year for shows. I finished out by seeing A Winged Victory for the Sullen at the Masonic Lodge. Fantastic and ethereal music. Incredibly difficult to name a top show for the year. Even a top 3 would be hard. But standouts are Neil Young at the Dolby, Tool at Cox Arena, and Nick Cave at the Shrine. Honorable mention to Black Sabbath at the Bowl and Slowdive at FYF.

For next year, I already have This Will Destroy You at the Roxy and Barry Manilow at Staples. My SO loves Barry. It's her Xmas gift!
    No reason to distance yourself from the BMan brother. He was my first show at the Greek(I think) with Mom and Sis back at the height of the Copacabana days and I remember it fondly. Like Rod Stewart, a consummate showman with a lot of great POP tunes. Don't be afraid to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    No reason to distance yourself from the BMan brother. He was my first show at the Greek(I think) with Mom and Sis back at the height of the Copacabana days and I remember it fondly. Like Rod Stewart, a consummate showman with a lot of great POP tunes. Don't be afraid to enjoy.
    Oh ya! I agree. Not intentionally pushing away from it and happy to embrace. It's just that seeing him is really more for her than me. But you bet I'll have a great time! I took her to see Neil Diamond a couple years ago too. She's a bigger fan than I am. But we had a lot of fun.