Thread: All Things:THEME PARKS

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4661 Post(s)

Galaxy’s Edge smugglers make off with anything not nailed down in Disneyland’s new Star Wars land
    https://www.ocregister.com/2019/06/2...wars-land/amp/

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1063 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Galaxy’s Edge smugglers make off with anything not nailed down in Disneyland’s new Star Wars land
    https://www.ocregister.com/2019/06/2...wars-land/amp/
    It's a damn shame. Was there last night and even a ton of the merch is sold out (kyber crystals of any color, collectible mugs from the Cantina, etc), presumably because it's all on e-Bay.

That being said, I've been twice this week (Mon & Wed). After work the land has been open, no boarding passes or anything, and the crowds in there have been about... a 6.5/10.

Line for the Falcon hasn't been over 60 minutes. Rode it again on Monday and the wait was only half an hour.

And with the Play app, there's fun stuff do do around the land while you just walk around and have a Thermal Coke-nator.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4661 Post(s)

Have Disneyland fans finally reached their limit?
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/...eir-limit/amp/

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2334 Post(s)

Have Disneyland fans finally reached their limit?
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/...eir-limit/amp/
    I am, um, impressed with how much Disneyland keeps on raising prices, and um, some hardcore peeps still continue to go. That's either passion or just some form of addiction, haha.

Bring back my beloved People Mover, Disneyland, and I'll pay twice the amount!

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4661 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    I am, um, impressed with how much Disneyland keeps on raising prices, and um, some hardcore peeps still continue to go. That's either passion or just some form of addiction, haha.

Country Bear Jamboree and America Sings.

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2334 Post(s)

Country Bear Jamboree and America Sings.
    I remember Country Bear Jamboree! I liked that bear show.

I think I remember America Sings. Maybe.

I also remember Mission to Mars. Maybe that was a big deal when it opened, but when I went, I thought it was lame. Nobody gon' miss that.

Oh, and let's not forget the day they "closed" the Haunted Mansion.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    I
    I second this request.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1359 Post(s)

Can't remember if I posted here or not about going to Knott's Berry Farm this year. After giving up my Disneyland AP in 2017 (after 7 straight years) I decided to get a KBF "Gold Pass", which gives you unlimited access to KBF and Soak City. I've been around 10 times this year, so got my money's worth. However, the best part has been watching our 4 year old daughter interact with all the town folk during Ghost Town Alive. Those actors are so great at what they do, and take their time and interact with every kid that approaches them. One of the gals "Ms. Flora" that works in the Ghost Town Dress Shop was phenomenal with our daughter. She even danced with her throughout the entirety of the Hoe Down that takes place at 5:30pm as the Ghost Town Alive experience wraps up for the day. I was sure to send an email to their guest services commending the actress on how great she was.

Also of note, the "Summer Nights" events just wrapped up at KBF this passed weekend and just like Ghost Town Alive, our daughter had a blast. She didn't even want to go on any rides, she wanted to hangout by the stage and play the games they had out there and interact with the Summer Nights characters they had in the area as well. She loved the all girl band, The Suffragettes! I'm looking forward to taking her trick'or'treating at the Knott's Spooky Farm event they have for the kids on the weekends. Knott's Merry Farm is also a wonderful time with all of the decorations, tree lighting ceremony and "snow".

So far I have taken her to Soak City 3 times and she also really enjoys playing in "Gremmie Lagoon" as well as cruising around in the Lazy River. She upped her game and decided she was a big girl since Turing 4 and wanted to go to the deep end of the wave pool.

While I know KBF is not DL, they have really done A LOT to make our visits much more about just going on rides these days. And for $200 (Gold Pass + Parking) I have no hang ups about the cost. Seeing how much fun our daughter has had WITHOUT going on any rides puts a huge smile on my face. Now, the clientele can be a little dodgy at times, but thus far we haven't had any issues with stuff getting stolen. (I make sure to leaving NOTHING in our stroller when parking it). I do miss going to Disneyland (in my head) but I am not sure that I can deal with the crowds, and the $1,000+ price of an AP these days...I'd want a Signature level pass so I can go on Saturdays and not be blocked out of DL. Just a few years ago it was easy to "get your money's worth" with a high level AP at DL, but now I feel like I'd have to go around 20 times or so to get my money's worth with a Signature level AP. I'm pretty much relegated to going on the weekends.