Thread: All Things:THEME PARKS

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4372 Post(s)

Was at Disney yesterday for the sole purpose of seeing the re-kajiggered Pirates of the Caribbean...

I have my issues with them changing the Auctioneer's voice and patois more than I do with them reconfiguring the scene. The loss of the sometimes working Davy Jones mist curtain was offset by the more moody and freaky Optical illusion and lighting. Throughout the ride...minor adjustments. They cleaned up some of the pirates a bit too much, or just brightened up the lighting too much. Needs some minor adjustments volume wise too. Some of the scenes are dampened by the too loud previous scenes, or just too low volume on the new ones. Overall...a nice redo without stripping away too much.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1224 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Was at Disney yesterday for the sole purpose of seeing the re-kajiggered Pirates of the Caribbean...

I have my issues with them changing the Auctioneer's voice and patois more than I do with them reconfiguring the scene. The loss of the sometimes working Davy Jones mist curtain was offset by the more moody and freaky Optical illusion and lighting. Throughout the ride...minor adjustments. They cleaned up some of the pirates a bit too much, or just brightened up the lighting too much. Needs some minor adjustments volume wise too. Some of the scenes are dampened by the too loud previous scenes, or just too low volume on the new ones. Overall...a nice redo without stripping away too much.
    The new dialog on the reconfigured auction scene is just awkward. I also feel like Redd (the female pirate) doesn't match the style of the other audio animatronics at all, she looks too new/modern.

I'm glad they brought back the original audio in the tunnel after the treasure scene and got rid of the mist water fall. That new illusion is great and illustrates the transition from the "dead pirates" portion of the attraction the "lively pirates" very well.

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4372 Post(s)

Pixar Pier: Over 90 Photos from Disney California Adventure’s New Attraction
    http://collider.com/pixar-pier-image...nia-adventure/

Well, the Incredibles re-skin on the coaster is nice. LOTS of branding...LOTS of lines. Overpriced specialty foods and treats with ridiculous lines. Noisy, hot...lacking in shaded areas. Not my fave part of California Adventure, but I never went on the pier before, so it hardly matters.

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4372 Post(s)

Oh HELL!!!!!!! I forgot to share best part of trip on Sunday. The place next to mansion shop, you know...the fritter and bread bowl place, HAD POTATO LEEK BREAD BOWLS. And they were good.

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4372 Post(s)

Disney Is Making The Blaster Fire At ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’ Extremely Lifelike
    https://uproxx.com/hitfix/disney-bla...-galaxys-edge/

Anyone else kinda raising an eyebrow yet????

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4372 Post(s)

Disney Imagineers Unveil Robot Capable of Aerial Stunts
    https://deadline.com/2018/07/disney-...ts-1202420717/

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    883 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Disney Imagineers Unveil Robot Capable of Aerial Stunts
    https://deadline.com/2018/07/disney-...ts-1202420717/

Whaaaaat the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)

Since Jurassic Park will be closed soon and turned into a modern Jurassic World ride, here is the history of the ride in Hollywood.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513