Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 281 to 286 of 286

Thread: All Things:THEME PARKS

  1. #281
    The Dolphin is not Amused
    orpheus's Avatar
    Karma: 10608000
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    21,426
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Disney Might Be Planning a Captain America Theme Park Attraction
    http://www.cbr.com/disney-park-capta...ca-attraction/
    Well, they already had sucess with another Captain so why not?




  2. #282
    2nd Scoring Line
    skulllead's Avatar
    Karma: 1178000
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    We know that GOTGM:B is just the beginning for the incoming Marvel Land. Pretty lame that they can't do anything original anymore and just find ways to shoehorn in IP's.
    I thought The whole reason for switching ToT to GOTGM:B was so they don't have to pay royalties anymore? Using IP means they can spend more money on the ride itself? If the description of star wars land is accurate, i'm happy they are using IPs.

  3. #283
    2nd Scoring Line
    skulllead's Avatar
    Karma: 1178000
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

    Default

    DL weekend round up.

    Went to DL/DCA this weekend, and it was kind of hit or miss.

    I was actually disappointed with the Guardians ride. The tower kind of looks cool, the lobby looks cooler (got a fastpass so didn't spend too much time there). The second lobby/Video was funny with Rocket. No more This elevator takes you directly to... the gift shop. :( The actual ride dynamics were meh. I wanted the long drop. instead we got 6 short drops. just went you got the stomach sinking feeling, it was over. I hope its random and we just ended up getting a bad ride program. Wanted to ride again, but didn't want to wait the 2 hours.

    If you have the Disneyland mobile app and photopass, and have them linked, this visit, the pictures were available from DCA in about 15 minutes from the app. kept getting pop up alerts. pretty cool. Took photos at DL, and they were still very slow. DCA probably has better WiFi.

    The path from frontier land to fantasy land was open, it was nice to be able to stroll through again.

    Space Mountain, Matterhorn, and Splash Mountain all broke down for extended periods.

    The new fastpass system were they are programming you to scan your park ticket was pretty cool. no more worrying about losing your fastpass! Just hoping they bring magicbands in limited capacity to the Ca parks. It's so nice to have your ticket around your wrist.

  4. #284
    1st Scoring Line
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 3189739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    648 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skulllead View Post

    I was actually disappointed with the Guardians ride. The tower kind of looks cool, the lobby looks cooler (got a fastpass so didn't spend too much time there). The second lobby/Video was funny with Rocket. No more This elevator takes you directly to... the gift shop. :( The actual ride dynamics were meh. I wanted the long drop. instead we got 6 short drops. just went you got the stomach sinking feeling, it was over.
    This sounds perfect for me who's stomach can't take major drops!

  5. #285
    Shiny!
    mmmcammy's Avatar
    Karma: 2127898
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skulllead View Post
    DL weekend round up.

    Went to DL/DCA this weekend, and it was kind of hit or miss.

    I was actually disappointed with the Guardians ride. The tower kind of looks cool, the lobby looks cooler (got a fastpass so didn't spend too much time there). The second lobby/Video was funny with Rocket. No more This elevator takes you directly to... the gift shop. :( The actual ride dynamics were meh. I wanted the long drop. instead we got 6 short drops. just went you got the stomach sinking feeling, it was over. I hope its random and we just ended up getting a bad ride program. Wanted to ride again, but didn't want to wait the 2 hours.

    If you have the Disneyland mobile app and photopass, and have them linked, this visit, the pictures were available from DCA in about 15 minutes from the app. kept getting pop up alerts. pretty cool. Took photos at DL, and they were still very slow. DCA probably has better WiFi.

    The path from frontier land to fantasy land was open, it was nice to be able to stroll through again.

    Space Mountain, Matterhorn, and Splash Mountain all broke down for extended periods.

    The new fastpass system were they are programming you to scan your park ticket was pretty cool. no more worrying about losing your fastpass! Just hoping they bring magicbands in limited capacity to the Ca parks. It's so nice to have your ticket around your wrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    This sounds perfect for me who's stomach can't take major drops!
    Soooooo I ended up going on Guardians again. The first time, I was TERRIFIED. We got the Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" version and there were multiple BIG drops, including a huge one at the very end which literally felt like we dropped the entire way down the tower. I went again on Saturday and we got the "Born To Be Wild" version and it was way more mild. Maybe 5 or 6 small drops and I handled it just fine.

    I knew there were variations, but the difference between the two I had was huge. Clearly some are way more intense than others, so I guess just keep going on it! I probably won't. I'm worried I'll get an intense one again and then probably end up with PTSD.

  6. #286
    1st Scoring Line
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 3189739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    648 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmcammy View Post
    Soooooo I ended up going on Guardians again. The first time, I was TERRIFIED. We got the Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" version and there were multiple BIG drops, including a huge one at the very end which literally felt like we dropped the entire way down the tower. I went again on Saturday and we got the "Born To Be Wild" version and it was way more mild. Maybe 5 or 6 small drops and I handled it just fine.

    I knew there were variations, but the difference between the two I had was huge. Clearly some are way more intense than others, so I guess just keep going on it! I probably won't. I'm worried I'll get an intense one again and then probably end up with PTSD.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •