Images
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1184 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    No, you're not. I've been saying the same thing for years. Disneyland/DCA have moved well beyond what I grew up with...a place that was a special visit maybe 2 times a year. Now, these social clubs amongst others are treating it as a place to just hang out. I was there Sunday and there were social clubs all over the place. There were goth groups just sitting on the benches in front of the castle taking up space. It's become a safe environment where they can all get together...all because Disney made it incredibly cheap on a monthly basis for them to visit.

Sadly, our passes expired on Sunday and we won't be renewing. I've had enough. Crowds, folks acting like they own the place and increasing prices have finally made it so it's not worth it anymore to us. It's not the Disneyland I used to love.
    110% agree on all points, and I didn't renew my pass when it expired in September. I had one since 2009 or 2010. I chose not to renew for all the reasons you listed. It stopped being fun, it was a chore getting in the structure, getting on the tram, etc...I just couldn't take it anymore. From the crowds (yes I was part of the crowding problem), to people using flashes on Pirates, Haunted Mansion and other dark rides, to the cattle calls of Rivers of America/New Orleans Square areas after Fantasmic!, and the madness around the hub after Fireworks and Parades, it really is what nightmares are made of.

My wife still has her pass and is most likely not going to renew when hers expires next September. Our daughter will be 3 by that time anyways. My wife's schedule allows her to go on M/W/F if she chooses, where as I was limited to weekend warrior status, unless I took a day off. Oh well, I'm not even bummed in the slightest. And again, like you said, it is not the Disneyland I used to love either. I will go to YouTube and search for Disneyland videos shot in the 1980's and 1990's to get my fix of nostalgia now.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Disneyland Visitors Can Look Forward To The Park’s First-Ever Brewery
    http://uproxx.com/life/disneyland-br...ballast-point/

See, maybe I am a purist...but I don't like this idea. Now Now...I love a good beer. But so far, all of that has been kept to California Adventure. And I get it. If I had to take a kid on BUGS land and all that, I would invoke the Chuck E. Cheese rule and insist on having a brew. But...I have seen some un-Disneylike behavior there as a result of it. I have enjoyed that they have kept Disneyland pure until now. I just think with crowds at capacity, Star Wars land and the nightmares that will cause...you are testing human nature just a little too much. What's next, cloned Dinosaurs? Just because you can, or something like that. Yes, they will make tons of moolah. But...they already do. It's a bad idea.

EDIT:apparently they used DISNEYLAND in the larger sense. It will be in Downtown Disney.

Drinking should be done secretly in the parking lot, like the good Walt intended.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    664 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    It stopped being fun, it was a chore getting in the structure, getting on the tram, etc...I just couldn't take it anymore. From the crowds (yes I was part of the crowding problem),f.
    I was absolutely a part of the problem as well...if you call all AP's part of the problem. 99% of the time we went, we had a meal, did rides, watched shows/parades/fireworks...we were never there just to hang out. That being said, unlike many folks who moan and whine about the price increases but are still forking out the money every year, we chose to vote with our wallets for a change. As far as I'm concerned, you can't sit and complain if you still keep buying into it no matter how much Disney increases the prices. Disneyland truly has become an addiction...just ask the plethora of folks that visit every. single. day.

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4162 Post(s)