Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    581 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drop The Gloves View Post
    Exactly! Knotts has been doing a lot to get those Disneyland Peeps over to Knotts. I love the meal plan where for $115 a person you get to eat twice a day and the portions are generous. It's also great for my 11 year old son to start riding the big boy coasters. I wish they had more land so they could expand. I was thinking they could start building a structure like DL on one of their many lots they have and then use the parking area around the hotel and expand.
    In the late 70s to mid 80s...the main Indian they hired was a full blooded Scotsman... I don't recall any Indians with the last name of McIntyre... I found this out from his granddaughter who went to Sunday school with me...and it was his home church...

I miss KBF even though the memories weren't as embarrassing as those at Disneyland... My sister-in-law still teases me to this day about me getting seasick on the Jungle Cruise...and I believe that was the last time I stepped foot in Disneyland...

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    581 Post(s)

About the seasick incident...

At this time...I was in love with Heather...enough so that even a 103 degree fever wasn't going to stop me from having fun with her... I thought that I was going to be okay...but I started feeling queasy in the line of the Jungle Cruise ride...but when I was in the ride...some idiot started rocking the boat halfway and I heaved ho over the side...so to speak... The guide announced that this was the first time he's witnessed anyone getting seasick on this ride in the 25 years that he's been doing this... Turns out to have been the first reported case in the history of Disneyland for this ride...

The funny thing was that the first ride we went on was Space Mountain...and we worked our way south... We were on the teacups 45 minutes before that spinning at high velocity...and that didn't have any side effects...

The last ride was the monorail to the hotel in time for to catch the bus connection home... If we were 15 minutes later...we would have needed to call a cab home...the whole way... At least her dad drove us home from Beach and Garfield to Bushard and Garfield...with little grumbling...at least from him... Still there was one more bad luck incident left to go that night and her dad nearly killed me... I'm posting that one in the joke thread...

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4709 Post(s)

Disneyland attraction forced to close after guest breaks wooden slat while jumping on suspended bridge
    https://www.foxnews.com/travel/disne...aks-bridge.amp

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    868 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Disneyland attraction forced to close after guest breaks wooden slat while jumping on suspended bridge
    https://www.foxnews.com/travel/disne...aks-bridge.amp
    Hopefully they don't overreact. No issue with that attraction every from what I can remember. Fix it quickly and reopen it.

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4709 Post(s)

‘Rise of the Resistance’ Review: New Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Ride Is One of Disney’s Best
    https://collider.com/rise-of-the-res...xys-edge-ride/