Click Here!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clash of Clans

Default Clash of Clans

Any Clash of Clans players out there? Any tips for base set ups? I've gone to many websites with base setups but none that I have seen that are strong.

Also, if anyone is in need for a Clan let me know, we can always use some more good players

Images

Yup, I think I had a thread awhile back but it got tossed in a recent purge. Our clan is called "GEMCO", TooCool from here is in it. It consists of mainly my coworkers, my wife is also in it. We don't go to war much, but we always donate good troops. Feel free to check us out, my name on it is; VanillaGorilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop The Gloves View Post
    Any tips for base set ups? I've gone to many websites with base setups but none that I have seen that are strong.
    I must have arranged my base at least 10 different times and I feel like it doesn't matter how you arrange it. The people who pay to win are going to destroy your base with ease regardless of what you do.

I'm currently using what I call a "triangle defense" mode. I put Air Defense, Wizard Towers, and Mortars in a (you guessed it), triangle style where they each over lap each other in some way. This at least protects most of my Dark Elixir, Gold, and Elixir. Then I just put the Archer Towers and Cannons all around. But still, I can easily lose over 300-450k in Gold and Elixir when my shield is down. Really depends on what those Koreans do.

Since we haven't been going to war (the matchmaking is terrible by the way), I just dump my town hall in the corner. Half the time, I get lucky with people only caring about trophies. They'll just send out like 5 archers to destroy my town hall, thus activating my shield for a good 10+ hours by default. So they'll end up getting 1000 gold and elixir only and I get my shield.

I'm currently working on Level 4 Dragons... I needed 8 freaking million Elixir to do it. I had no choice but to activate the 1 week shield so that I could reach 8 million elixir. I was hovering around 4 mil of gold & elixir and every time my shield went down, I would lose 500k easily. There's just no way to truly protect your base. But like beedee mentioned, we donate a ton of good troops in our clan. I don't even care about the war or raiding at this point, can't beat em. But out of habit, I check it 2-3 times a day to collect my stuff and to donate the best I can to help out others who are more invested in the game than I am.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Images

TC summed it up well. There is always going to be someone bigger and better that will come through and pillage your village. I rarely attack anymore, and if I do it is only to get that final 150k-200k to go ahead with an upgrade. I also keep my town hall outside my walls up in a corner, my trophy count usually hovers around the 1200 mark due to me not attacking, and people trophy dumping me. I got up to the Crystal League for the gem bonus, then let myself slide back down to where I'm currently at. At this point I feel like I have lots of time invested so I just keep chugging along.

Images

Here is a screenshot I just took of my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I must have arranged my base at least 10 different times and I feel like it doesn't matter how you arrange it. The people who pay to win are going to destroy your base with ease regardless of what you do.

I'm currently using what I call a "triangle defense" mode. I put Air Defense, Wizard Towers, and Mortars in a (you guessed it), triangle style where they each over lap each other in some way. This at least protects most of my Dark Elixir, Gold, and Elixir. Then I just put the Archer Towers and Cannons all around. But still, I can easily lose over 300-450k in Gold and Elixir when my shield is down. Really depends on what those Koreans do.

Since we haven't been going to war (the matchmaking is terrible by the way), I just dump my town hall in the corner. Half the time, I get lucky with people only caring about trophies. They'll just send out like 5 archers to destroy my town hall, thus activating my shield for a good 10+ hours by default. So they'll end up getting 1000 gold and elixir only and I get my shield.

I'm currently working on Level 4 Dragons... I needed 8 freaking million Elixir to do it. I had no choice but to activate the 1 week shield so that I could reach 8 million elixir. I was hovering around 4 mil of gold & elixir and every time my shield went down, I would lose 500k easily. There's just no way to truly protect your base. But like beedee mentioned, we donate a ton of good troops in our clan. I don't even care about the war or raiding at this point, can't beat em. But out of habit, I check it 2-3 times a day to collect my stuff and to donate the best I can to help out others who are more invested in the game than I am.
    Yeah I have noticed the last 3 weeks the system is allowing enemies to take a lot more of my elixir, dark elixir, and coins from me. I think they are trying to encourage people to attack more. Yesterday I attacked 3 times and got 1 million gold coins out of it. Never could do that before.

My clan name is Dark Riders and my game name is King Balt. I found that when people want to search for your clan specifically if you give the clan ID as a search it finds it that way. There are a LOT of Dark Riders clans out there!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post

Did you learn the triangle defense from Phil Jackson?
    I AM THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

What TH are we talking here? I'm just about maxed at TH7 and the base layout I've been using has been amazing. It's a farming base. I only lose more that 1k gold/elixir when I haven't been opening the game to clear my collectors. When people have tried to penetrate the interior, they almost always fail and rarely hit more than 1 or 2 of my storages. The two worst defenses I've had were against TH9s and even they couldn't 3 star me. I think 85% is the best they were able to do.

This was the inspiration. My base is pretty close to this with only a few minor differences.

The Lion

Well I have 3 accounts on the same Clan (3 different devices, haha!) I have level 7 (King Balt), level 6 (Derp), and level 4 (Blake's Army, my son's account...technically ).

On this picture I can't tell, is the town hall behind the Request Now icon?

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Here is a screenshot I just took of my setup.
    Level 8 TH, yes?