Click Here!

Thread: 2014 Year in Review in Games

Default 2014 Year in Review in Games

Post your lists here!

Didn't think I'd get 10 titles, but... just made it. No PS4 or XBONE for me, so take that for what it's worth. Maybe if I wasn't so busy on one console this past year.

10- Wolfenstein: TNO (360) great shooter. Story, play mechanics: all-good.
    9 - Donkey Kong Country:Tropical Freeze (Wii U). Brings back the 90s and kicks you in the teeth. HARDEST game I've played in years. Rocket barrels are never fun. LOL.Looks awesome graphically while doing it too.
    8 - Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Wii U) - Around 20 hours of puzzle fun in Mario's universe.
    7 - Mario Kart 8 (Wii U). Racer of the year.
    6 - Super Smash Bros (Wii U). Fighting game of the year. And I suck at fighting games. So many fighters, so much to do.
    5 - Hyrule Warriors (Wii U). Such a massive game when you have the quest mode to go with the story mode. Only DLC pack purchased all year, and worth every penny for new fighters and maps. Zelda meets Dynasty Warriors and it works great to tide you over until 2015.
    4 - Child of Light (Wii U/others) best art design of the year. Great game in rhyming even if not that long to complete. Soundtrack of the year.
    3 - Shovel Knight (Wii U/others). Retro style game of the year. So good and so tough in spots, the 80s were back for a short time.
    2 - Bravely Default (3DS). Easily best 3DS game of the year and best RPG. Great story. So many hours for $40. Needs a sequel ASAP in 2015.
    1 - Bayonetta 1&2 (Wii U) game of the year for me. First game is an added 20 hour bonus and worth replaying to refresh your memory from 5 years ago. Great Controls. Framerate. Story. Everything. Puts every publisher to shame that says 'the Wii U is a POS'.

Special mention: worst developer/publisher of the year. Gotta be EA and UbiSoft for the tie! Greedily release a game (NHL15/ACU) and charge full price for it. Promise patches and then give away some e-swag to calm the masses (Ok only Ubi did that).

UbiSoft also gets the rare double-flip-off in back to back years for delaying Rayman on Wii U last year and delaying Watchdogs Wii U this year for 6+ months. And then charge full price when every other platform is on-sale for 50% off.

Ubisoft had a rough year beginning with Watch Dogs.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

Picked up a Wii U for my..ummm...kids...yeah, kids! Mario Kart 8 is just awesome. Also got Hyrule Warriors, but haven't been able to stop playing Mario Kart. Smash Bros and Bayonetta area also on my wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecktore View Post
    Picked up a Wii U for my..ummm...kids...yeah, kids! Mario Kart 8 is just awesome. Also got Hyrule Warriors, but haven't been able to stop playing Mario Kart. Smash Bros and Bayonetta area also on my wish list.
    that is a great gift for you... i mean your kids

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    that is a great gift for you... i mean your kids
    It really was for them. I'm just really enjoying it as well.They logged over 9 hours of game play yesterday between Skylanders and Mario Kart. They never sat and played for more than 30 minutes prior to this.