Click Here!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lagunitas is suing Sierra Nevada

Default Lagunitas is suing Sierra Nevada

http://insidescoopsf.sfgate.com/blog...ver-ipa-label/

I understand you have to protect your brand, but I think Lagunitas is making a big mistake here.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images

It is a stretch that any consumer would confuse the two brands. Yes they both use large "IPA" in the mark, but Sierra Nevada has a bright banner above it, saying Sierra Nevada. The fonts aren't even close to being the same, might as well sue them for putting beer in a brown bottle too. I think Lagunitas is just bitter because their label/mark sucks. It looks like someone who just learned how to use Illustrator made it, hell they probably didn't even use Illustrator.

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes all the profits to the lawyers in the craft beer world

****, I am boycotting Lagunitas for this frivolous lawsuit.
    I AM THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

This will get dismissed or settled early, and Sierra Nevada will just change their label.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    Wow! Lagunitas is doomed without your patronage
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

this reminds me of the C&D order made by Golden Road against Goldenrod (Nebraska).

http://www.beeradvocate.com/communit...awsuit.128823/

in this case, Goldenrod should have done a better research in the first place regarding not just the name, but the images as well.

I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes all the profits to the lawyers in the craft beer world
    That's what I was thinking - some lawyer wants to get his billable hours up and tells Lagunitas that if they don't sue, they'll be in trouble, and the only people who end up making any money on the deal are Sierra Nevada's and Lagunitas' lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    But I can still get a Little Sumpin' Sumpin' from you?