Click Here!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Californias Best Burritos

Default Californias Best Burritos

Too bad there were no selections from the OC.....anyone been to any of the LA locations?

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/san-fra...-in-california
    What sets him apart is that he’s big, and he can skate, and he can protect the puck from anyone. If you’re trying to get it and he doesn’t want you to get, you’re not going to. -Justin Williams on Kopitar

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

Nope havent been to a single one. I am going to titos tacos for the first time next week though.
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

I work across the street from an El Tarasco (the best one) and all I can say is I AGREE.

I've had Freebirds also, which was fine...nothing that special. I pretty much desperately want that bean and burrito from Al & Bea's now though.....yum.
    "Hockey won't hold still to give you a better look. You wouldn't want it to anyway. It's the action that makes the possibilities endless."

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcammy View Post
    I work across the street from an El Tarasco (the best one)
    Loved this place, many of drunk nights and then El Tarasco. Walking distance from home. As we would call it "El Tear Your Ass Out"

Beach Mex on Grand in El Segundo (where the original Tarasco's was) is excellent as well. If you don't mind fast food, Cafe Rio on Rosecrans across from REI has awesome food. They're pork is phenomenal and their tortillas are freshly made while you're in line. Get it wet too.
    They're Taco Tuesday is a steal but get there early or the line will be out the door.

I've been to El Patio in Woodland and it was really good. I don't think I had a burrito though; seems like it was enchiladas or something else requiring a plate.

As a graduate of UCSB, I'm going to give you all a tip about Freebirds Burrito. You have to go to the IV one. I tried the one in Orange and it was meh. I tried the one in HB and it too was meh. But if you make it to the IV location, you should know that the nachos are just as tasty at the quesarito. Yum!

Edit: I forgot to add that Cafe Rio's tortillas would make my grandmother give her nod of approval. That's how good they are.

Quote Originally Posted by geogirl View Post
    I've been to El Patio in Woodland and it was really good. I don't think I had a burrito though; seems like it was enchiladas or something else requiring a plate.

As a graduate of UCSB, I'm going to give you all a tip about Freebirds Burrito. You have to go to the IV one. I tried the one in Orange and it was meh. I tried the one in HB and it too was meh. But if you make it to the IV location, you should know that the nachos are just as tasty at the quesarito. Yum!

Edit: I forgot to add that Cafe Rio's tortillas would make my grandmother give her nod of approval. That's how good they are.
    as an SB grad what do you think of the original freebirds? or is it even there anymore? The Texas Freebirds was better than chipotle but quickly chainified

Actually had a California burrito from Roberto's last night. Hipcheck, there is one in Mission Viejo off La Paz. Beach Hut Deli in that little strip center is good also.

As a UCSB alumni, I will second the Freebirds endorsement. Do it at 2am for the full experience.

Quote Originally Posted by srm1105 View Post
    (where the original Tarasco's was)
    When I was managing a pizza joint, we used to trade food with this El Tarasco! Good times.

The other place I've been from that list is Yuca's. Everything I've had there has been excellent.