Thread: 2015 Dodgers Season Thread

Come back zinc !
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    182 Post(s)

I though Wallach deserved the job over Mattingly in the 1st place. Was hoping they'd rectify it. Looks like Wallach might go to the Nats. Solid move by them.

Should they go outside the organ-eye-zation, I would love for them to go after Maddon's bench coach. It'll be interesting. They need to fix that pen, the pitching depth and fix the outfield issues.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

I think the best way to go would be to hire Dave Martinez to replace Mattingly and then have Kapler be bench coach. Seems like they'll probably just go with Kapler as Manager though.

I don't rattle, kid.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2310 Post(s)

The front office deserves the right to create their own coaching staff from top to bottom so I'm not going to complain about who they fire/retain... yet.

2nd Scoring Line
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    I disagreed with a lot of Donnie's moves, but I'm a fan. That's what I'm supposed to do. He was not the problem. 2-13 with RISP in the last game had a LOT to do with it. They had That hound dog on the ropes and were ONE BATTER away from knocking him out and couldn't come thru. again. Donnie got them there, But there is only so much he can do.
    On the night of the loss Kevin Kennedy said it best. Kennedy said along the lines that when he was coach, if the players were learning something like extreme shifts that he would make sure to be out there to prepare the players for what happened to the Dodgers that led to that second run. The fact that shift came back to bite the Dodgers in the butt shows a failure in the part of the coaching staff to prepare their players for that situation. In other words, it's Mattingly's fault.

I don't disagree with Kennedy at all. I've seen close to a 100 Dodgers batting practices over the last two years, and the number of times I've seen Mattingly come out to instruct the players on something or work with them on something I can count with zero hands. If Mattingly does interact with the players somehow, it must be through Big Mac who I assume doesn't speak a word of Spanish, so how exactly is Mattingly a great manager of a personality like Puig?

Oh, I guess he has A-Gone do the work for him. What a brilliant players manager.