Thread: 2015 Dodgers Season Thread

Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    366 Post(s)

I had the luck of watching all three against the Mariners as I live in Seattle. The Dodgers look great so far (based on the three against the M's) but I do worry about starting pitching behind #1 and #2 . I like the GM and figure they will make the necessary moves to overcome any issues. We will see where it goes but I am cautiously optimistic.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

I am real happy right now....i am still very concerned about the bullpen. Hopefully the 3-4-5 guys in the rotation can do well too.

Trouble Will Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    647 Post(s)

Any recommendations on getting tickets? Is ticketmaster/the box office the way to go or are there after-market deals to be had?

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
    Any recommendations on getting tickets? Is ticketmaster/the box office the way to go or are there after-market deals to be had?
    Honestly, I don't go to many games but i have continued to go the Stubhub route. You can find deals....you have to just look at the right times. (i am not endorsing Stubhub because I hate their customer service but its the safest way to go).

2nd Scoring Line
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
    NO!!!!!!...on box office and especially ticketmaster.

Stubhub tends to be cheaper than the box office price 95% of the times. I'm a season ticket holder who has to sell a lot of the tickets I have, so I know Stubhub sets the market value on resold tickets. If you go to other ticket brokers like Barry's Tickets or Scorebig they tend to be around the price as Stubhub. I personally feel eBay is the best route to find the cheapest tickets because sellers on eBay (like myself) try to undercut what tickets are going for on Stubhub.

Quote Originally Posted by bad91 View Post
    Honestly, I don't go to many games but i have continued to go the Stubhub route. You can find deals....you have to just look at the right times. (i am not endorsing Stubhub because I hate their customer service but its the safest way to go).
    Most pro sports teams have caved in and have come to grips with the fact that most sports fans now a days are going to choose Stubhub over the box office. That's why you can find links to Stubhub on both the Dodgers and Kings websites, and why Stubhub is directly linked to season ticket holders accounts so they can resell their tickets easily on Stubhub. The Dodgers have gone as far as to have windows at their box office soley dedicated to getting Stubhub tickets. So yes, using Stubhub is very safe.
    Last edited by KingsFan1985; April 20th, 2015 at 11:09 PM.

basically honorary nasty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I have a way you can fix this if you're not too cheap to spend about $25.00 per month for the baseball season.

If this is the case, send me a PM and I'll explain it there (And anyone else who wants instructions).
    It's not so much being too cheap (which I've been accused of), I think it's more of a mix between apathy and spite. :/

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

This is a pretty good read for people still worried about the bullpen.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-...eratore-042215

2nd Scoring Line
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pb2k View Post
    This is a pretty good read for people still worried about the bullpen.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-...eratore-042215
    I'm a season ticket holder and I see this team play a lot more than most people do (thanks to the TV fiasco). I knew all along that this team would be considerably better if they got rid of the following players.

1. Brian Wilson
    2. Chris Perez
    3. Jamey Wright
    4. Matt Kemp
    5. Hanley Ramirez

As long as you replaced these people with a player that had a WAR stat of +0.1, anything would be better. In the case of Hanley and Kemp it wasn't so much replacing things that would appear on their personal stat sheet more than it was replacing players that had piss poor attitudes, and impatient batting discipline that would affect the rest of lineup. I said it at the end of the last Dodgers/Padres series how fitting in was that Kemp tried to have a monster series against the Dodgers, but in the end the Padres lost the series on the final at bat which resulted with Matt Kemp striking out looking like an idiot.

Not saying the Dodgers are going to play like this all season, but so far I'm really liking the changes that were made.

Can we all agree on this? Howie Kendrick's overall game > Dee Gordon's speed

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

This Jimmy Rollins lead off experiment needs to come to and end already.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2022 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pb2k View Post
    This Jimmy Rollins lead off experiment needs to come to and end already.
    He's still young and will come around.