Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any good Tablet/Keyboard Recomendations?

waxing poetic
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    796 Post(s)

Thanks for all the feedback....keep in mind Im looking for Sub $500 at tops.
    "If the Kings win the Stanley Cup, I'll invite you and three friends over to drink Patine Cellars Wine from the Stanley Cup." Jim Fox to Hipcheck 09/28/2015

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

The Dell Venue 10 7000 is the only Android tablet on this list. Despite its loner status, it's a great pick. The Bluetooth keyboard connects to the tablet using cog-like hinges, safely securing the two parts together. The solid construction is complemented by the Dell's swift and smooth performance. If you're into cutting-edge tech, it also packs a trio of depth-sensing cameras, which can make for some pretty cool photography projects.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3062 Post(s)

The surface is way to expensive for what you are looking to do. I have the asus t100 with the detachable keyboard and its great because the keyboard has the usb hookup so i can add a mouse or anything i want. There are serious quality control issues with them though getting everything to work out of the box, so you might have to return it a couple times. Once you have a good one though.

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

A little late...but I'd highly recommend the Nvidia Shield K1... I'm still learning on this to figure out a few more shortcuts... Unlike the Kindle...it won't hinder you if you wish to choose an outside browser (Brave/Firefox/Chrome)...

I did find a way to dual boot Linux Mint on the Shield... Trust me...this took some doing...but it was worth it in the end...

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

I just found two major flaws with the Shield...

1) Overheating... You know it's bad when you have it on a cooling fan and it still gets too hot to handle...
    2) Won't hold a charge after a year and a half of use... I now have to keep it plugged in to keep it running for more than ten minutes...
    3) (minor flaw compared to the rest) Cheap side panel coverings lose adhesive quality to the tablet

I'm buying a 10.1 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab with the S-pen mainly on the reviews and also I'm a little more familiar with Samsung's products than with the rest... I know it won't be good to see my handwriting on it... but that's the only flaw I see with the pen...

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Now for a few flaws with the Samsung I just bought...

1) Buttons at the bottom can be accidentally hit and cause you to exit an app prematurely

2) S-Pen is not meant for people who have handwriting pharmacists can't read...

3) Speaker placement has little to be desired...below the three main buttons that cause headaches when you hit them every time you move your thumb...

4) A lot of bloatware you can't get rid of... The ones I want to rid myself of take up 25% of the stored memory...

Problems 1 and 3 would be solved if they had something closer to the Shields design... Heck...even the buttons on their cell phones aren't this close to the edge as this tablet...

If I can permanently disable Samsung Kids...that's half the bloatware right there...