Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    652 Post(s)

Default NHL 16 News

Well, NHL 15 happened. Reveal of the features will be Tuesday. Most likely, EASHL is finally put in, and a revamped GM mode.

Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3775 Post(s)

Time for them to announce that EASHL is a brand new, never before seen feature.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    652 Post(s)

Features leaked for a bit.
    https://www.easports.com/nhl/features/nhl-16

In case the page gets pulled.

Features:
    NHL 16:

Release date: Coming September 2015
    Available only on Xbox One & PlayStation 4
    NHL 16

Built with more input from our fans than ever before, NHL 16 steps onto the ice to deliver ways to compete as a team, new features across the most played single-player modes, gameplay innovation at every position on the ice and an unrivaled game day atmosphere.
    NEW WAYS TO COMPETE AS A TEAM

Hockey is a sport that comes to life in a competitive team-based gameplay experience. Whether it’s through speed, skill, or physicality, every player makes an impact on the ice no matter what position they play or their role on the team. So grab some friends and jump into either 6 v. 6 Online Team Play, Online Couch Co-op, or the re-imagined EA SPORTS Hockey League and prove that great individuals can’t beat a great team.
    The New EASHL

Sharpen those skates and grab your buddies because the EA SPORTS Hockey League is back! This fan-favorite online team mode has been reimagined and lets you choose specialized player classes to deliver a balanced competitive experience on the ice. Player skill and your ability to play as a team will now be the determining factor in who wins and loses hockey games.
    6 v. 6 Online Team Play

Play online with up to twelve skaters including user controlled goalies. Using real-world NHL rosters you can compete in ranked drop-in games against players from around the world or invite your friends to a private OTP session before you step into EA SPORTS Hockey League.
    Online Couch Co-op

The perfect way to play when you and your friends want to jump on the couch, join forces and play some drop-in hockey online. It’s the best place to practice your team play skills before playing OTP or EASHL.
    A WAY TO PLAY FOR EVERY HOCKEY FAN

Whether you’re an armchair GM, want to live out your NHL pro fantasy, or build your ultimate dream team, NHL 16 will deliver a single-player game mode for every type of hockey fan - each with new features that you’ve never seen in EA SPORTS NHL.
    Be a GM: Player Morale

Being a GM is about more than just getting the best players, it’s about getting the right players to play well together. Each player on your NHL and AHL team has a different personality that you will have to manage. Deal with trade demands, teammate relationships, and much more by calling team meetings or adjusting your roster to directly affect your team’s on-ice performance.
    Be a Pro: Shape Your Legacy

The way you play dictates the type of player you will become in an all-new Be a Pro progression system. On-ice actions directly influence attributes earned, ensuring that your Pro will reflect the way you play. Sim to your next shift and the ability to work your way up from CHL rookie to an NHL Superstar also make a return in NHL 16.
    Hockey Ultimate Team: Single Player Seasons

The most played mode in the NHL series gets even better. Improved player management and the introduction of HUT Single Player Seasons gives you another way to hone your skills before jumping online with HUT Online Seasons or challenging your friends with the Play a Friend feature.
    Visual On-Ice Training

Whether you’re new to the NHL series and looking for pointers or are a grizzled veteran trying to perfect your game, this new training tool will help sharpen your offensive and defensive skills no matter your talent level. Visual aids project shooting targets, passing lanes, open teammates, and more.
    COMPLETE CONTROL FROM EVERY POSITION

Whether you play as a forward, defenseman or goalie, NHL 16 delivers a balanced gameplay experience that makes every position on the ice meaningful to team success. With gameplay innovation on offense and defense, players have new tools to not only score goals, but to prevent them as well.
    Precision Skating

Utilize a new skating tool that allows you to make refined movements with your skater in any situation. On defense quickly jump into passing lanes and intercept the puck, or walk the blueline on the power play and open yourself up for that one-timer in the offensive zone.
    Seamless Puck Pickups

The ability to quickly control a pass or corral a loose puck can be the difference between generating a scoring chance and getting leveled. New puck pickups result in smoother transitions when receiving the puck no matter what your position, giving you more time and control to make your next move.
    UNRIVALED GAME DAY AUTHENTICITY

NHL 16 brings the game to life with distinct arena atmospheres, the most realistic players yet, and a story-driven commentary package to pull you into the energy of the game like never before.
    Distinct Team Arena Atmosphere

Best in class arena authenticity gets even better with the inclusion of authentic arena effects and props including team specific celebrations, mascots, chants, and even signature props like the Lighthouse at the Xcel Energy Center in Minnesota.
    Story Driven Commentary

Doc Emrick, Eddie Olczyk, and Ray Ferraro are back and now call the game with even more emotion. Hear Doc’s voice rise and fall with the action on the ice and get analysis from Eddie & Ray on the peaks and valleys of a NHL season. An expanded NBC SPORTS broadcast package and new pre-game intros brings the drama to life in more ways than ever before.
    Superstar Authenticity

Enhanced facial features and new equipment details synonymous with the league’s top players adds another layer of player authenticity. Use these new equipment elements to customize your own created character giving them a unique look, from custom stick tape, colored skate laces, tinted visors, and more.
    Playoff Beards

One of the oldest and most iconic traditions in hockey has arrived. With accurate representations of beard patterns, length, thickness, and growth rates for individual players, the road to the Stanley Cup just got hairier.
    LOL
    Last edited by Dexter; May 18th, 2015 at 06:09 PM.

Hockey Purist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)

Default NHL 16 News

Yea, I think I'm gonna sit this one out after that absolute joke they put out last year. They pitched that same exact "more player likeness" BS last year which ended up being a lie.

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    652 Post(s)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ayed-game.html

1. “The New EASHL”
    Key points in this description of the new EASHL are “Reimagined ... specialized player classes to deliver a balanced competitive experience ... player skill and ability to play as a team will now be the determining factor in who wins.”
    So to confirm everyone’s questions, yes EASHL will be back in NHL 16 on next-gen. It is way different than anything EASHL has ever been in the past. Personally, I did not like it at first but after playing for a few hours and getting the hang of it, I can see it being a hit later on into the game. Specialized player classes mean that each player build (grinder, playmaker, sniper, etc.) has already been pre-built for you. No longer will you have an amateur 1 card working your way up to the legend 3. The grind for 350 games 200 wins is no longer going to be evident at the release of the game in September. EA Sports has designed the new EASHL so that new players that don’t pick up the gamemode at launch will be able to jump in and still be somewhat competitive. In the past, the “Christmas noobs” and guys that start the road to legend 3 late in the game would always get destroyed by other teams because they simply did not have the attributes to compete. The thing with the new EASHL is that if I pick sniper in September and master the build over 300 games, and I match up with a guy who is playing his first game in EASHL later on in April, statistically we will be matched if we have the same build. There was multiple testing and tweaking of the builds while we were there so that each build has its pros and cons. If you try to play 6v6 you will not find any success in running with three grinders like some have done in the past. The game has been made so that teamwork within your builds is crucial. You will need to have a sniper build if you want to get that wrist shot in the slot to go in 9/10 times, and you will need a playmaker to set that sniper up. Another important fact : each player build has the SAME speed, agility and acceleration so that speed is not a factor in who is the better player. Monthly playoffs are back in EASHL. It is still uncertain whether or not you will be able to choose your height/weight in EASHL. At the time when we played on April 30/ May 1, we were able to customize our height and weight but we were potentially looking at height and weight becoming a pre-set into the builds themselves.

4. Be a GM: Player Morale
    I think this is going to be one of the most read sections of my article, simply because many people play GM on OS. So, essentially GM mode has been revamped. If you remember back in my January post, I talked about how excited I was. Because we were only there for two days, it was hard to play GM and Be a Pro enough to get a sense of how well these features were. On paper, they were exciting. Each player has a different personality and will react differently to different types of GM interaction. When you trade for a new player, or trade away a keyguy, some guys on your roster may be upset if you are trading their friends away. Similarly, they can be exciting for newcomers to the team. Also, when new players arrive to your team, they will not gel completely at first and will have to gain chemistry with your other teammates. So acquisitions at the trade deadline when you’re making your push for the cup might not play as well as they normally do on their previous teams. Each player can notify the GM, and the GM can say different things to that player. Furthermore, the GM can host “team meetings” where he has different ways to interact with the team. To give an example, you can host a meeting and say something along the lines have “have fun out there” or you could say something different like “If you don’t win you’re all getting sent to the AHL.” Both of the things I just wrote were made-up by me. I do not remember exactly any of the options that were there, but I remember seeing different options. My point is that some guys will increase morale if you’re easy on them and say go have fun while some will decrease if you’re not hard on them. In contrast, some will gain morale and get pumped if the GM is hard on them while some will not be motivated. So that’s something to think about. One last thing about GM is that every player in the league has his own unique “best friend”. So for example, Daniel and Henrik Sedin. These players may not be on the same team to begin with. By trading for a player’s best friend, that player will show increased morale and will play better with his friend. However, say you’re the GM of Vancouver and you trade Daniel away from Henrik, Henrik will lose a lot of morale points and he’ll let you know about it. Another thing that effects morale is captaincy. So once you manage Toronto and strip Phaneuf of his captaincy (I know I will LOL), he’ll lose morale points and whoever you make the new captain will gain morale.
    Last edited by Dexter; May 19th, 2015 at 09:03 AM.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Surprisingly really excited about the changes to EASHL. Not having to play through a ridiculous amount of games to get higher player cards? Yes please. Everyone has the same speed and acceleration? Yes please. The game will be determined by how well you play as a team? Yes please. Sign me up for that playmaking Centre spot ya'll!

Darkside
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Yeah. Definitely getting this. Way more in it this year.

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    956 Post(s)

I love NHL15, but realize I just got a PS4 in December. Been on a Wi for about 10 years before without the NHL series.

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

Darkside
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    I love NHL15, but realize I just got a PS4 in December. Been on a Wi for about 10 years before without the NHL series.
    The difference between the graphics of the two are quite large.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)

Still no NHL release on PC....
    It's like they don't want to make a **** load of money. I guess EA won't ever be seeing my money anymore.