Click Here!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D movies that Hollywood is forcing on us

Default 3D movies that Hollywood is forcing on us

We saw San Andreas last weekend, and almost every show at the theater was in 3D. There were maybe 3 showings that were not in 3D.

Well, the movie was ok I guess, but I really don't see how the 3D made the movie any better.?? In fact, any text during the movie was double vision. And the forced in-focus / out-of-focus transitions were just annoying.

I seem to remember reading several months ago that Hollywood was going to majority 3D in the US because that will be one way to keep the "product" here different that what gets shipped overseas (mainly China).

So I have a few questions: what do you think of 3D in general, and does it affect your movie-going? (I have no interest in seeing 3D at all).

Why the recent rush to produce 3D movies?

I thought that 3D was on its way out, because most people don't care about it, myself included, and don't need to pay extra for it. Next you are going to tell me that Google Glass is still a thing.

I like your anger...if only people would be angry enough to just...

just...

STOP.

VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET!!!!

You stayed...spent your money...I get it...but, you are angry...but you paid. Until people say NO.
    Last edited by jerseydevil; June 13th, 2015 at 09:23 PM.

All things being equal I would skip 3d just about every time. Unfortunately in my town the theater with the roomiest seats and biggest screen only shows 3D movies and being a tall guy more or less forces my hand. I mostly just find it distracting. I guess it's a way for movies to earn more money by charging more.

My thoughts on 3D, I enjoy it for the first 5 to 10 minutes and the forget and stop noticing.

Given the choice between 3D on a regular screen vs seeing a non 3D at the IMAX, Ill take the IMAX everytime. I saw the Dark Knight at the Imax which has some special scenes shot specifically for the IMAX, and it was brillaint. Worth every penny...cant really say that for other 3D movies I have watched.
    "You know, that sucks," said Doughty.

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

3D movies make my head hurt after 30 minutes.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

I opt for no 3D, especially needing to wear glasses to see far it is almost impossible to wear both my regular glasses plus the 3D. So no I'll pass and save the cash.

I have not and will not see a 3d movie. Im not going to pay money to hurl without it being a poor decision involving alcohol

Default 3D movies that Hollywood is forcing on us

The main issue is that movies shot in 3D are truly worth the money ($3 up here). Most are post-converted. Website : www.realorfake3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    I have not and will not see a 3d movie. Im not going to pay money to hurl without it being a poor decision involving alcohol
    You can get beer now at AMC in their fork n screen theaters. https://www.amctheatres.com/food-and...ork-and-screen

But still not enough to get me to go to a 3d movie.