Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    353 Post(s)

Lakers have signed Robert Upshaw to their summer league team.

Upshaw has first round talent. Maybe even lottery talent, but was kicked off of both Fresno State and Washington in college. Substance abuse and other problems. Supposedly trying to get his life together.

The Lakers summer league team is going to be ridiculous. Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Nance, Brown and Upshaw.

Hit it like a baby seal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    778 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    Lakers have signed Robert Upshaw to their summer league team.

Upshaw has first round talent. Maybe even lottery talent, but was kicked off of both Fresno State and Washington in college. Substance abuse and other problems. Supposedly trying to get his life together.

The Lakers summer league team is going to be ridiculous. Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Nance, Brown and Upshaw.
    I was leery of using a pick on the guy...but if he can get his head on (doubtful), this could be a HUGE pickup for them. He'll slot in nicely as a rim protector and would likely be a lottery pick if not for his headcase issues. Averaged something like 3.5 blocks a game if I recall?

Good Times!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmytheKing View Post
    I was leery of using a pick on the guy...but if he can get his head on (doubtful), this could be a HUGE pickup for them. He'll slot in nicely as a rim protector and would likely be a lottery pick if not for his headcase issues. Averaged something like 3.5 blocks a game if I recall?
    The main reason why he wasn't drafted is because of a heart condition he currently has.

DeAndre Jordan is a UFA, though.

Hit it like a baby seal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    778 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redxalonso View Post
    The main reason why he wasn't drafted is because of a heart condition he currently has.

DeAndre Jordan is a UFA, though.
    I thought it was because of his getting the boot from two teams last season? Am I thinking of the wrong dude? The guy from Washington right? Could swear he was having off court issues. Though, a heart condition doesn't help either.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    281 Post(s)

Two reasons:

"...Perhaps being booted from two teams in two years and admitting to a substance-abuse problem scared NBA teams away from Robert Upshaw, who wasn’t among the 60 players selected in Thursday’s NBA draft.

Or maybe a heart condition that was detected at last month’s NBA combine had something to do with the 7-foot shot-blocking phenom going undrafted despite many draft analysts projecting him as a second-round pick."

Good Times!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

I thought it was because of his getting the boot from two teams last season? Am I thinking of the wrong dude? The guy from Washington right? Could swear he was having off court issues. Though, a heart condition doesn't help either.
    Nope. You've got the right dude. His partying with alcohol and drugs got him kicked out of two programs. However, it was the his reported heart problems that prompted teams to stay away. His heart examination came back negative, though.

If he stays sober, and his health is indeed a non-issue, then the Lakers have an absolute steal.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2062 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post

Kobe should just straight up smack him then show him that tweet.
    probably should have left off #rapist , the other stuff is OK. Kobe was just getting some strange in the mile high city.

That's all, folks!
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Russell was the guy I was hoping they'd take, but I honestly didn't think they would.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    281 Post(s)

If we get LaMarcus Aldridge, I'm okay with Russell going ahead of Okafor.

If we don't land a quality big we're SOL. With no first round choice next year (no way we fall to the protected top 3 pick).

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    353 Post(s)

Rumor from Woj is that the Lakers are trying to get both Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan.

Hypothetically speaking (not part of the rumor), if they could get rid of contracts of Young, Kelly, Sacre, etc., they could offer around $15 million each on deals with opt out after year 1, then sign both to max deals next year.

Not likely to happen but I like that it appears they're swinging for the fences again.