Thread: Lakers 2015 - 2016 Thread

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3390 Post(s)

Thoughts and Prayers to Lamar. Dude has been on a downward spiral ever since he married that chick.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3390 Post(s)

Season opener tonight against the T-Pups! This is our chance to go 1-0...

Randle better not get injured in the first game again... I fear he might be another Greg Oden. >_<

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    281 Post(s)

Randle looked fine. Russell sucked. Just like when he played against other rookies and in the pre season. Oh wait let's give Russell 3 or 4 years. No thanks.

In other news. "Okafor became just the eighth rookie since 2000 to score 20 points in his regular season debut. Okafor’s 26 points were the second-most by a center in his NBA debut since ’63, topped only by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar." Gee that name sounds familiar.

Nice pick Jimmy.
    Last edited by mrm55; October 29th, 2015 at 09:28 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3390 Post(s)

Is it just me or does it feel like when Kobe touches the ball, everyone pretty much stands still? Just like before? No one cuts to the basket or set screens. Then when I see plays where Kobe isn't going to touch the ball, the rest of the team just feels kind of confused. Do they run the pick and roll? Do they run any kind of play? Instead, they pass it around until someone has to heave a 3 pointer because of the shot clock running low.

I like the way Randle moves though. He's got some skills. All he needs to do is get rid of the nerves because he blew a lot of easy shots. He got on KG's bad side too.

Rink Dawg

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3871 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Is it just me or does it feel like when Kobe touches the ball, everyone pretty much stands still? Just like before? No one cuts to the basket or set screens. Then when I see plays where Kobe isn't going to touch the ball, the rest of the team just feels kind of confused. Do they run the pick and roll? Do they run any kind of play? Instead, they pass it around until someone has to heave a 3 pointer because of the shot clock running low.

I like the way Randle moves though. He's got some skills. All he needs to do is get rid of the nerves because he blew a lot of easy shots. He got on KG's bad side too.
    This is gonna be another tough season to watch these guys. I am just happier knowing that Jeannie is running the team know. I'm already waiting til next year!

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    743 Post(s)

Is it just me or does it feel like when Kobe touches the ball, everyone pretty much stands still? Just like before?
    I think a lot of this was on Kobe. He seemed to jack up shots pretty quickly.

No one cuts to the basket or set screens. Then when I see plays where Kobe isn't going to touch the ball, the rest of the team just feels kind of confused. Do they run the pick and roll? Do they run any kind of play? Instead, they pass it around until someone has to heave a 3 pointer because of the shot clock running low.
    I don't follow basketball like I used to, but I was thinking the same thing, not just about the Lakers, but about the NBA in general. Since, I don't follow that closely, I have to ask myself how much the game itself has changed, and how much I just don't understand the sets that are actually being run and the adjustments if they break down.

I liked Randle, too, going coast-to-coast a couple of times (though only finishing once, and some nice moves under the basket. Hopefully, he'll remain a piece of future Lakers successes.

Speaking of which, the t-shirts given away on opening night said "Our Present, Our Future." That kind of reads like,"We are rebuilding." Though seemingly true, there's hardly a need to advertise it, is there?

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Wow are the Lakers bad tonite. People want to blame this on Byron, but these guys are professionals. They should be able to play an ounce of defense. They can't.

D'Angelo Russell has been just horrid. They need to move him to the bench. Kobe Bryant did not play in his first Lakers game. There's no shame in it. Russell is not ready.

The only thing I'll bash Byron on is playing Bass at center. That's crazy. He's brought in Black now due to fouls, but Bass can't play center. Even Sacre would be a better option.

Kobe is still able to to create open shots, which is good. But he's a chucker now. He needs to be more of a facilitator. I guess it's too late to expect him to ever change.

It's all good man
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2884 Post(s)

Go Kings Go!

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3390 Post(s)

I seriously wonder if Byron Scott is trying to tank this early in the season. His substitution patterns absolutely suck. Randle was a beast last night and Scott sits him anyway. I lost count of how many games last season when we were up when Jeremy Lin was in. Then Scott would take him out so we would lose. I'm glad the Staples crowd called him out on it in the 3rd quarter by booing him until Randle got back in.

Rink Dawg

#1 fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Scott is just a dreadful coach. They don't even have a first round pick this year since they kept it last year so there is no reason to tank.